For the guest bedroom, I am inspired by these serene, sophisticated, and light-hearted spaces. The upholstered bed, the neutral walls, the simple yet impactful greenery, and a touch of unexpected whimsy for character and charms are the core elements I want to incorporate into my design.
Well here is what I came up with! On top of the elements I mentioned from my inspirations, I also want the guest bedroom to have a vacation vibe. Sailing along the Mediterranean Sea, hanging out at beautiful sandy beaches, lounging in a luxe design boutique hotel: now that is what I want to achieve in this space.
A quick breakdown of some of the key elements / tasks:
- install the dynamite Nuvolette wallpaper from Cole & Son
- assemble the sleek and elegant pleated velvet upholstered bed + roll out graphic and colorful rug from West Elm
- order the fantastic Darya Ikat by Martyn Bullard for Schumacher + Pickupstix pillow by Sarah Richardson
- pick up the chic and beach / sailboat inspired chair + wall sconce from CB2
- unwrap the luxe and super soft velvet bench from Black Rooster Decor
Now let's talk about the Makeover #2: the Powder Room
The boldly patterned wallpapers in the inspiration images serve as my jumping off point to make this smallest space of the house a real showstopper. Since we are installing the Nuvolette wallpaper in the bedroom already, why not give the powder room a fab new look?
I want the guests to be blown away the moment they stepped inside this powder room. Dramatic, edgy, and unexpected, I plan to marry a variety of styles and materials to outfit this decadent jewelry box.
My critical must-haves in this powder room include:
- wrap the entire room with the Nuvolette wallpaper (hopefully we have ordered enough wallpaper)
- install the luxurious, elegant, and fashion forward faucet and bathroom accessories by Jason Wu for Brizo
- pick up the heavy glass pendant by Tom Dixon and beautiful lucite mirror from HomeSense
- finalize on artwork and fingers crossed on the Hitchhiker by Gray Malin and the sculptural "You Look Great" by Jade Rude available at Caviar20