Tuesday, December 6, 2016

holiday 2016 ~ HomeSense Edition

Hello Tuesday! Can you believe Christmas is less than 3 weeks away? Yours truly did some holiday shopping and started planning my festive week in Vienna (yes I am off to Vienna in one short week), AND of course I was greeted by a slightly scary drive back to Toronto on Sunday when the roads were covered by a combination of wet snow and freezing rain.  Well all signs that we are already in December and yes I better get my snow tires on!

The holiday preview at HomeSense is one of my favourites as the buyers and the visual team pulled together an enormous amount of energy and creativity to transformation the showroom into four festive and stylish entertaining dreams that fancy all your fantasies this holiday season.  From industrial chic + tribal flair to posh, glamorous and bright, I would love to have my own home dressed in one of these looks!


Saturated with jewel tone (love the various shades of fuchsia) and polished metal accents, this luxe and sumptuous living room is embellished by a bold peony wallpaper, a pair of breathtaking mirrors, and metallic pillows that scream Christmas!   


Bar cart is a must for me when entertaining, and check out these fabulous options at HomeSense! I simply couldn't resist this lucite and brass beauty and I have picked one up for a project you will be seeing soon.  Take note on the styling as you may just want to try a couple of new ideas this year.


And you all know I love peonies, so how could I resist this right?


The timeless black & white palette has become such a classic over the past few years, offering the monochromatic lovers a perfect go-to solution when Christmas is traditionally filled with bright, vivid colors.  To glam up the silver screen inspired entertaining central, please say hello to natural stone, polished chrome and gold, block lucite, and jade green accent for richness and sophistication.

 
I am a die-hard obelisk fan and can you imagine my excitement with I saw one in white marble for only $29.99? The black and white marble serving boards are just incredible and the hexagon photo frame + the feather objects + the lucite lamps, may I say checked, checked, and checked!      


Now for those who love rose quartz (I do too), welcome to delicate blush pairing with muted pastels + a touch of old world charm.


The elegant embellishment on ornaments, the sparkles from mirrored boxes, the softness of the faux fur throw, and check out that artwork!


I also love that HomeSense also carries quality and on-trend furniture pieces.  I mean really who doesn't love this lounge chaise with its velvet diamond tufted upholstery, the marble geometric tables, and a lucite lamp that looks soooo expensive!


Just look at how gorgeous these all look!


Last but not least, here is a hip industrial look for the guys.  Think cool authentic loft + boho chic for a cozy, inviting, masculine home for the holiday.


The brick wallpaper, the dynamite rug as art for color, patterns, and texture, the showstopper chandelier (I LOVE IT), and the natural wood accent, this room is every guy's dream, holiday or not don't you think?


My personal favourites include the hexagon inlay shaker, Mr. Foxy cup set, the black iron lanterns with globe lights, and the Phillip Starck inspired bar stool in polished copper!


I hope you all enjoyed this edition of holiday preview.  Join me next week as I will be sharing another favourite store of mine right here in Toronto!  

No comments:

Post a Comment