Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Update: #ProjectTownHouse

Hello Tuesday! It has been a few months since I shared with you my new project: #ProjectTownHouse, and let me tell you, it is going to be a beauty!  As you may know, I am mostly doing e-design these days so I don't have to pack my weekends with client meetings / progress updates with trades.  #ProjectTownHouse started as an e-design project but when a client came along loving absolutely everything you proposed (better yet, have already purchased them for install), you just have to give back some love!

Since the initial take on the living room, here is the new plan for an ultimate showstopper space to lounge, relax, and to entertain with the best of friends!  The sofa and side chairs from West Elm and the burl credenza gave us inspirations for a chic, contemporary look with an art deco flair.  Then we fell in love with the Odin sofa by Konstantin Grcic from Avenue Road, the zimba wallpaper from Schumacher, the striped fabric from Robert Allen, and the brookhaven diamonds by Sarah Richardson for Kravet.  The IC lights by Michael Anastassiades from Flos, the creamy stitched hide rug, the I-Beam side table from Style Garage, and the Platner coffee table from Design Within Reach provide function and create a sense of airiness.

For a touch of glam and drama, we scored a vintage Sciolari glass rod chandelier and I dream of Nicole from The Aestate framed in a lucite box!       


You will see the rest of the first floor soon but for today, let's check out the bedroom and the office on the upper floor!  Ever since the first time I saw the Nuvolette by Cole and Son, I knew I have to use it one day and here is my chance.  This bedroom has great natural light and with a round window reminding me of sailboat, I immediately zoomed in for a relaxed, charming retreat with an industrial edge.  The supra bed from CB2 is a fine example of effortlessly elegance and that curve headboard, need I say more?

Then I decided to inject brass, black, and blue accents to complement the breezy nautical look with a pair of Equestrian side tables by Nate Berkus for Target, the cord chair from Avenue Road, the grasscloth console and Teal Umbrellas from Black Rooster Decor, and the Clint floor lamp from West Elm is the perfect mate to echo the Dyad sconce from Apparatus Studio.  And just before we close the book on the bedroom, I am also eyeing the comfy and stylish Aiden upholstered armchair from Pottery Barn, the graphic Phoenix wool Dhurrie from West Elm, and the Atom chandelier from Lightmaker Studio that reminds me of the stars!  
      

My client isn't a "girly" person but in the office, she wants it to be glamorous and elegance, and THIS is what I came up with! In palette of creamy white, soft rose quartz, and classic black + white, this office could easily be mine!  The accent wall will be covered with this spotty wallpaper from Caitlin Wilson, a hand painted fabric as drapery by Hollie Cooper Interiors, and the super whimsical Globo table lamp by Jonathan Adler + The Porter 1 by Gray Malin.  The via rose gold and marble bookcase from CB2 and the pink swan chair by Fritz Hansen add a refreshing hit of pink.

I am always up for incorporating vintage finds in my projects for character and charm.  In this office, we have a stunning Murano glass chandelier and a pair of incredible sconces to pair with a super super chic goat skin credenza and a sexy polished brass table from Scout Design Studio.

And of course who wouldn't want a lounge area in the office after a few hours of work right? The Harry chaise by Sarah Richardson is absolutely perfect and I would love to upholster it in one of the serene fabrics by Rebecca Atwood
  

Ok ... that's it for now.  I can't wait to check in soon to show you the progress!

2 comments:

  1. And I can't wait to see the progress! Keep going, Tim! #ProjectTownhouse is going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for you to share the progress! I like your style!

    ReplyDelete