Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Princess Margaret Showhome 2015 ~ Master Bedroom & Ensuite

Hello Tuesday! Did you get a good view of the supermoon lunar eclipse on Sunday? The sky was a bit cloudy in Toronto but I did manage to have a good look of this rare solar phenomenon that won't happen again until 2033 (the last one was in 1982).  Now we may have to wait another 18 years before the next incredible moon is up in the sky, but back down on earth, the spectacular Princess Margaret Showhome designed by Brian Gluckstein is ready for one lucky winner to call it home this fall.


We toured the main floor last week (here & here) and today, we are visiting the master bedroom & ensuite.

image courtesy of Princess Margaret Welcome Home Sweeptakes
Timeless classics and luxurious elegance are Brian's design signatures, and this master bedroom strikes a beautiful balance between masculine elements (angular lines and dark zebrano furnishings) and feminine touches (upholstered wall in blush, creamy white sofa, and lucite coffee table).

image courtesy of Princess Margaret Welcome Home Sweeptakes
I have not yet used a delicate shade of pink in my home but I may just try it out in spring! This upholstered wall is absolutely sensational, and it also serves as a divider between the bedroom and the dressing area.  The amazing detail on the vaulted ceiling had me at hello and love how Brian turned an awkward corner into a sumptuous lounge!


Here are two of my favourite shots from the master bedroom (check out the bedding from Brian's collection).



Heading into the master ensuite and what an ulimate spa-inspired retreat with marble galore! 

image courtesy of Princess Margaret Welcome Home Sweeptakes
In case you haven't noticed, I am totally crazy about marble and this veined beauty on the floor and in the shower just knocked it out of the park!  I love how Brian placed the water closet next to the vanity for this stunning sightline, and to strategically breakup the marble application to create a gallery-like vignette.


I am planning to give my Dad's bathroom a much needed makeover, and these are my notes on four important elements:

Another design detail I love is this built-in grooming station in the shower.  I bet this is every man's dream: shower & sharing all at once!


To win the votes from the ladies, Brian also commissioned a custom mural inspired by cherry blossom, wall treatment that mimics shimmery grasscloth (way more practical for bathroom than installing actual grasscloth) and really, who can say no to this beautiful freestanding tub?


These are my favorite shots of the ensuite: 



Want to learn a few extra tips on how to decorate a master suite from Brian? Check this out! 

3 comments:

  1. I will lose so much weight when I move in to this house, because I'll never have to leave my bedroom :)

    It's so oppulent

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sad I live so far away... Calgary... love the closets behind the bed, seen that once before, amazing way to design if you have the room, well done you

    ReplyDelete