Thursday, March 12, 2015

Bek Design w/ Jana Bek

Hello Thursday! What an incredible treat Mother Nature rewarded us yesterday with sunshine and almost 10C in the afternoon! The signs that spring is really on its way have put me in the mood for all things fresh and bright.  That's why I am sharing with you my latest obsession with the amazing work by Jana Bek of Jana Bek Design.

images via Jana Bek Design
Jana is a designer from the United States and I've found myself drawn to her talents to inject colors, patterns, and textures into the beautiful spaces she created for her clients.  Take this simple elegant vignette as an example.  The curvaceous silhouette of the settee echoes the glorious arch window perfectly, a pair of fiddle leaf trees (an absolute favorite to all designers) in seagrass woven baskets, the causal yet sophisticated lantern, and of course that geometric pillow in pink by Caitlin Wilson of Caitlin Wilson Textiles, I am loving it all!

As a die-hard fan of royal blue, I simple couldn't resist this sensational hand painted brushstroke lamp in navy (crazy about the vignette by the way), and check out the design details!

images via Jana Bek Design
As it turns out, Jana also creates her sumptuous and highly versatile hand painted brushstroke lamps in a variety of colors.  Here is how one delicious lipstick red lamp adds drama and charm in three distinct looks!

images via Jana Bek Design
And if you are like me who like to switch things up at home, this classic black and white beauty is truly a spectacular addition to your space.  No matter what color palette your heart desires for this spring/ summer, this timeless design will always look current and in style.  A side note, I love the brushed brass knobs (made by Lew's Hardware in the States, available via Upper Canada Specialty Hardware in Toronto), the shagreen cabinet, and check out Jana's styling!

images via Jana Bek Design
Limitless color options aside, the shimmery metallic hues continue to dominate the home decor spectrum.  Always ahead of the crowds, Jana recently introduced three new colors to her collection: gold, copper, and rose gold.  I simply love them all!

images via Jana Bek Design
Thanks Jana for inspiring me with your work (and those fabulous lamps) and friends, which color is your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tim, I think this is the sweetest blog post feature I've ever had the pleasure of being the subject too. Thank you SO much! I'm hoping to get my lamps to Canada sooner than later! XXX jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jana! You are so sweet! I can't wait to meet your lamps in person soon in Canada as well! xx

      Delete