Monday, January 26, 2015

IDS 2015 ~ Style at Home Edition

Hello Monday! Did you all have a fantastic time at IDS Toronto on the weekend?  I loved every minute of it and was inspired by the sensational IKEA sektion kitchens, the innovative and mind-blowing Cubitat, and many fresh new local talents at #IDS15.

I must have taken over 1,000 pictures over the last couple of days (despite being under the weather and still battling with the flu), and today, we are stopping by this beautiful kitchen designed by the talented Style at Home team inspired by a classic pastry bistro in France!  


Talking about a chic entrance! I was floored the moment I saw the pair of high gloss doors in black (what a sharp contrast against the polished brass knobs), the iconic black & white gingham awning,  and that gorgeous floor with the large scale, multi-colored hexagon tiles to set the stage.

knob image via Michelle
And wow was exactly what I said when I stepped into the space.  Full height pantry filled with sexy breads (as Stacy called them) taken up almost the entire wall.  Too bad you couldn't smell these amazing breads by Ace Bakery via my photos but let me tell you, I was totally craving for carbs ... that was how heavenly these loafs smelled.  

Another showstopper in the Style at Home kitchen is this magical bike from Curbside Cycle hung high in the sky (literally) above the island to echo the chic european look.     


Here is one of my favorite shots in the kitchen:


Bakeries and restaurants in Europe (especially for those ones that have been in business for decades) tends to have a collection of mix and match art pieces / photos curated over a long period of time.  The grouping of mirrors and frames on the feature wall reminds me of the look, and gives this new kitchen an extra hint of european flavor.    

I have never thought of installing a track to hang up my small pots and other kitchen essentials.  But hey, if my pots and pans look that good, why not showcase them all! 


It's time to turn our attention to the pantry wall.  Let's take moment to be amazed by this sensational creation:  


What an absolute stunner with the matte black cabinetry soar to the ceiling!   With sleek hardware, marble counter and shelf, brass accent in shelf brackets and railing, full height antique mirror + a vintage crystal chandelier, this is the most beautiful "beverage central" I have ever seen!


Of course this bakery bistro inspired kitchen wouldn't be completed without a cozy, comfy nook.  Gilded gold mirror, dynamite wallpaper with a sky motif, pops of vivid blue from the pillows, and a pair of industrial sconces, who wouldn't want to spend Sunday morning here?  


So much to learn and be inspired by in this chic kitchen by Style at Home.  But if I have to pick one element to zoom into, it's definitely the golden towel bar that runs around the island and along the main wall.  It is a small component in the kitchen, but it is that attention to detail that wows its visitors.  I am totally stealing this idea in my next kitchen.  How about you?    


A big thank you to the Style at Home team for all the hard work, creativity, and super long hours to pull together such an incredible kitchen for us to enjoy and be inspired.  Congratulations for the huge success at IDS 2015!


The only question I now have for the team is: just how did they resist trying those delicious breads before styling the pantry? 

image via Erin McLaughlin, Editor in Chief of Style at Home

2 comments:

  1. Great photos, Tim! All my photos have other people in them, this kitchen display was so popular that it was always swarming with lots of visitors. This is a great summary you've provided, you touched on all the little details that make the Style at Home/IKEA kitchen so chic. I would love to have this in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitchen is STUNNING! I so wish I could have made it to IDS this year. Thanks for sharing the photos, Tim!

    ReplyDelete