Tuesday, December 2, 2014

One of a Kind Christmas Show ~ Favourite Picks 2014

Hello Tuesday! Did you check out the One of a Kind Christmas Show on the weekend? I had a fantastic time catching up with my favourite artisans and had discovered a few amazing talents I am now obsessed with.  let's take a walk at OOAKS shall we?


Freshly Printed is a Toronto-based textile studio creating beautiful and functional quality household textiles with minimal impacts to the environment.  Hemp, organic linen and organ cotton add a touch of casual elegance to our daily lives.


These tea towels and the goose pillow had me at hello.  The towels are also customizable, making them the perfect hostess gifts for this holiday season! Stop by Freshly Printed at Booth Z01 and say hi to Jen


The talented Lindsay Stead has also turned me into a quilt obsessed fanatic with her super chic hand stitched quilts and pillows in strikingly graphic patterns.  Her booth, S51, is simple yet highly dramatic thanks to the bold black & white palette.  Love the white washed walls and that bench is a pure sensation. 


That quilt on the wall is a definite must-have and as for pillows, I am craving for that dynamite navy and cream number on the lower right corner.


Speaking about one of a kind handcrafted items, you will also have to check out Andrea Ford of re:STYLE studio at booth S12.  The stunning fabric on the Louis chair was hand-printed by Andrea and the stitch work on that bergere was put together piece by piece.  Be sure to stop by to say hi! 


Jealous of seeing all the amazing pictures by Will of Bright Bazaar during his visit to NYC last week, I am totally drawn to this edgy booth by Dave Murray with his prints reminding me of The Big Apple.


Love the energy of Dave's work, especially his bike series.  I may need to pick up the blue one for Chris!


Now that I've met a few new friends, it's time to check in with my all time favourites.  I've always loved the simplicity and asian-inspired aesthetics of Renaud Sauve of Ateliers des cent-ans, and here is his serene and elegant booth. 


The natural wood, the white porcelain, and Renuad's signature use of navy blue accent, I have long been a big fan of his work! Love the wave series and Renuad mentioned he will be coming up with an entire collection with wave in 2015.  I simply can't wait to check it out!


Here is something Chris would love: a cup set that's all about knots!  You have no idea how much time Chris and his buddies spent tying knots while camping in the summer. I may have to look into getting him a set for Christmas!


And of course we have to visit Avril and what a beautiful booth she has set up to display her colourful products!


From holiday specific items such as Christmas stockings to cheerful pillows, tea towels and napkins, I simply want them all!  That pineapple pillow is just super fun and I love that confetti stocking.  


Thanks Avril for all your hard work to create such an experience for us at the One of a Kind Christmas Show.  Your booth is brilliantly designed and it truly was a treat to the eyes.  #BRAVO!


One more stop before I let you go, the OOAKs has created a live studio with artisans demonstrating how they create their masterpieces! It surely looks like Santa's workshop to me, and be sure to check that out when you visit the OOAK Christmas show this year! 


Are you planning to visit the OOAK Christmas show this year? I would love to hear what are your favourite items! 

2 comments:

  1. Such a great roundup Tim. How is it that I walked the whole show and there are booths in your post that I missed?! I'll have to go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen!! And we walked through the show together in the first 20 mins!! Can't wait to check out your top picks at the OOAKS as well! xoxo

      Delete