Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Holiday Shopping @ Black Rooster Decor

Hello Tuesday! Are you ready for the holidays? It is only two short weeks away and if you are looking for the perfect one-stop shop to decorate your home, you have got to check out Black Rooster Decor.


Black Rooster Decor is definitely one of my favourite stores to source for beautiful furniture, stunning artwork, luxurious textile, and unique accessories.  Nina has done an incredible job curating the collection, and I get inspired every time I visit her store!  On this trip, I am crazy about this black faux leather chair, the super soft pom pom blanket, and this adorable bear from Citizen Atelier.


I wasn't kidding when I said Nina is a pure genius with her collection and check out this sensational living room vignette! That intricate metal chandelier and the shadow it cascades on the wall is divine, the gallery wall with the most mesmerizing artwork (love Citizen Atelier), and hello to the faux marble vases with a potted amaryllis: now that's the perfect hostess gift!  

 

Want to have a closer look at some of my favourites? I bet you do.



Now that you have decorated your show stopping living room, it's time to turn your attention to the entertaining essentials to wow your guests at your upcoming Christmas party.


Most dinner parties gravitate toward a less formal approach (especially when a larger crowd is involved), where the dining table now serves as the food and beverages central while guests mingo between the kitchen and the living room.  Such approach to entertaining allows us to elevate the way we decorate our dining table to a whole new level as we no longer have to reserve space for plate setting.  With the entire tablescape as our playground, we now can place a gold dipped parrot, a porcelain pineapple, and an adorable squirrel along side with beautiful silverware and graphic plates / trays to make a fabulous statement!


Here are a few of my favourites items in this sumptuous dining room vignette created by Nina.


I am a huge fan of anything blue and white.  If I am in town for Christmas this year, my home will be filled with blues and whites! So you could imagine my excitement when I spotted this sensational corner designated to this classic color palette.

If painting your walls or upholstering your sofa in navy blue is a bit out of your comfort zone, why not achieving the look through a collection of asian-inspired porcelain? Pairing with a black metal cabinet with clear glass doors, these blue and white vases and jars look fresh and decadent.  Of course I am also obsessed with that Moroccan mirror and the handsome striped horn bowl.  


To celebrate this holiday season, Nina has generously offered a sculptural sputnik and this super chic spotted owl as our giveaway!  To enter the contest, simple leave me a comment of what caught your eyes in today's post.  To increase your chance to take home these fellas, follow Black Rooster Decor on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and leave me separate comments to let me know you have done so.

Winner will be randomly selected on Tuesday December 16th!

17 comments:

  1. Hi Tim! Love that zinc star! The shop looks beautiful. I must check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Black Rooster. I follow them on instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could easily live in their store. Follow them on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Acorn salt and pepper shaker ! (that's what they are, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue and white vases and ginger jars in the cabinet! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. following black rooster on pinterest ~ Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. following black rooster on instagram ~ Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the blue and white jars and vases! Such a classic color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have been following on Pinterest and Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the moroccan chandelier and the patterns of light it throws on the ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, I adore all of that blue china!

    ReplyDelete