Friday, December 12, 2014

Favourite Reads @ Style at Home + Holiday Magic

Hello Friday! The weekend is almost here and yours truly will be super busy (1) wrapping up a fun project, (2) meeting my friends for dinner and Christmas markets, (3) on standby for last minute work thanks to my day job, and (4) getting my haircut + packing for my trip to Europe! Wish me luck!

Anyhow, I love to bring a few magazines with me on the plane.  It's the best time to catch up on some readings and in the case of an entertaining system failure, we are talking about hours of uninterrupted inspirations from my favourite magazines.  Today, I want to share with you this masculine and modern condo designed by designer Stacey Cohen.

images via Style at Home
I like to make a statement at the entrance and loving how Stacey had the foyer painted a smokey blue grey.  Add a floating metal shelve, a vintage mid-century wood framed mirror, and a gilded gold stool, the look is eclectic and sexy.  The wood tone + gold accent also add warmth to the space.

The kitchen incorporated a two-tone cabinet scheme: creamy white and exotic wood. To up the urban, industrial vibe, Stacey picked a trio of metal T-back bar stools for a strong, sculptural statement.

Looking to save on decoration? Try to be creative and open-minded with your artwork.  IKEA is a great place for some larger scale options, but you could also framed up items with special memories such as a concert ticket, a postcard from the museum, or your kid first art: priceless!

images via Style at Home
You know I've been crazy about high gloss walls for a while and here is the ultimate solution to my obsession: back painted glass wall! Just look at that sheen in the office and the bedroom!  Love how the glass reflects light and brightens up the space, even though the feature wall is actually a smokey blue grey.

images via Style at Home
While we are talking about using color for a dramatic statement, the editors at Style at Home have shared their top favourite palettes that combine classic neutrals with bold accents in the January issue of Style at Home.  The brilliant peacock blue hand picked by Morgan captivated my attention.  Which one is your favourite?

images via Style at Home
Inspired by Morgan's brilliant blue, here are a few items I am in love with right now and since I won't be decorating my place for the holiday this year, you may very well be seeing this palette at my condo for Christmas 2015! 
skiers paper / arctic print / ginger jar print / plates / ornaments / rug / storage / mirror / chair / gnome 
Happy weekend friends! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment