Friday, November 7, 2014

Favourite Reads ~ Arts + Makeovers

Hello Friday! Yours truly will be taking it easy for the next few days, enjoying my favourite reads and getting inspired.  I came across some amazing art creations and stunning makeovers this week, proving that you don't need to blow your budget for dramatic impacts.  So I though why don't I start a new series, Favourite Reads, to welcome a relaxing weekend to come?

First up is the elegant and artsy living room by Emily Henderson.

image via Emily Henderson
The concept of this spectacular string art is quite simple but what an instant visual impact!  The room has incredible ceiling height.  This tall blank wall needed a large piece to fill the space and to complement the built-in bookcase in the hallway.  Here is what Emily came up with: a custom string hanging art.

image via Emily Henderson
The multi-dimensional and textile quality of this art installation is phenomenal.  Who would have thought hanging up colourful strings could be this beautiful?  I am also crazy about the bench vignette next to the fireplace and the overall organic appeal of the space.

image via Emily Henderson
Up next is HommeMaker by Orlando Soria.  I have been obsessed with his work for awhile.  I mean how could I not love the layering of texture /patterns, bold statement, and his approach to luxe living, LA style.   

image via HommeMaker
image via HommeMaker
This particular living story with the trio of leaf print art caught my eyes.  The truth is, I desperately want to bring a little sunshine to our space as winter approaches.  Bright cobalt blue, lush rainforest green, whimsical striped curtains in turquoise & cream, graphic & cozy wool area rug, and a few sun-kissed house plants … and your home may just be the "California Dreamin" we need in the midst of our Canadian winter!   

image via HommeMaker
Speaking about colors, you have got to check out this playful yet sophisticated dining room put together by my dear friend Mr. Bazaar.  Want to learn more on Will's colour and styling secrets? Check this home tour!

image via Bright Bazaar
This week is also reveal week of the One Room Challenge.  A couple of my dear friends are participants of this fun projects and what gorgeous transformations I would say.  This master ensuite by Christine had me at hello when she showed us her game plan.  Of course I was beyond inspired when I see that black trimmed full height mirror behind the vanity.  #AMAZING  

image via Christine Dovey 
I love the floor to ceiling marble and this shelf system by the tub, I am stealing the idea for my next bathroom! 

image via Christine Dovey 
Vanessa also gave her kitchen a total facelift by taking her upper cabinets to the ceiling, adding wallpaper + new backsplash, and my favourite of it all, the antique mirrors on a couple pairs of doors.  I am been thinking about antique mirror panels as a finishing touch at #ProjectChris.  #GREATMINDS

image via Vanessa Francis Design
I wish I have the space in my kitchen for a little office area.  Will see if I can work it into my next kitchen plan.

image via Vanessa Francis Design
I also died when I saw this sumptuous, luxe, and dynamite master bedroom in black & white + gold by The Design Daredevil.  No words … I just love everything in this room!  

image via The Design Daredevil
Hope you are as inspired as I am by these fabulous spaces.  Are you dreaming of a makeover?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention Tim. I love all the spaces you chose here. There was so much inspiration this round.

    ReplyDelete