Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Ideas at #ProjectChris + New Finds!

Hello Tuesday! It is bright and sunny outside, which makes it very difficult for me to stay indoor for a whole day meeting today (why can't the weather be nicer on the weekends right?).  Fingers crossed the long weekend will be a nice one and I will try to wrap up a few things at #ProjectChris as well.

Speaking about #ProjectChris, I have been wondering about what I can do to add some drama in the bathroom.  The picture on the left is our serene spa inspired bathroom.  I WANTED wallpaper (see my thoughts here) but Chris said NO!! So I have been checking out Urban Walls for some other "non-permanent" options.  An inspiration came to me on the weekend with the purchase of this dynamite fabric which I am dreaming as shower curtain (works beautifully with the sconces don't you think?), and the discovery of the ginkgo leaf by Michael Aram.  Maybe custom wall decals with Danielle is in the cards!


Speaking about couple differences with their likes and dislikes, here is a classic illustration of "my likes" and "his likes" via our bedside tables.  A home decor addict vs practical engineer, which side do you like better?  


I've also found a few fabulous items at HomeSense this weekend.  That metal mirror is amazing in scale and that intricate basket weave detail just looks divine with an industrial vibe.  I am trying hard to find a place for it. 
 
Other items a little easier to incorporate in my own home include this handsome ram in matte white and a little black book of Marilyn & Me.


Have a fab Tuesday friends! xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Very stylish, my friend! Looks like all is coming together pretty well! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Mr!! can't wait for you to come visit me and see it in person!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Tim! The bedside tables look fabulous! I do have two questions for you.: Where did you get the dog art and can you tell me who the artist is? I wouldn't normally ask because I don't like having what others have, but they remind me of the dog I had growing up and I just love them.

    Thanks...and Happy Thanksgiving (from your neighbor south of the border)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison!! I got the dog art from HomeSense. Trowbridge is the gallery house that produces them and the artist is Valerie Davide. Good luck hunting them! They are also available at ELTE in Canada :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the information! I had a feeling you got them at HomeSense (why oh why don't we have that here (HomeGoods is not quite there!). I will start hunting here, but I have to admit...it's yet another reason (as if I need one) to hop over the border. LOL Elte...is my Mecca. LOL

    ReplyDelete