Thursday, October 16, 2014

Brilliant Inspirations @ House Beautiful

Hello Thursday! Hope you all had a fantastic long weekend!  Yours truly didn't have turkey + gravy or beer at Oktoberfest, but the smoked meat I had was simply delicious and I had a relaxing time hanging out with friends.

We also stopped by the presentation centre to finalize our paperwork for #ProjectPreDevelopment (not sure if I am crazy about the name yet … oh well, I have 3 years to dream up a new one before the place is ready for decorating!), and that got me researching for some ideas for the project.  Clipping the magazines on Monday had me inspired by three beautifully designed spaces featured in House Beautiful … and that's what I want to share with you today!

The first home is by Steven Gambrel and really, how could I not love it? The spaces are bold in colours, punctuated with dynamite patterns, and luxurious through and through.  From foyer (floor), powder room (walls), to the study (ceiling), I simply can't get enough of Steven's ingenious injections of patterns!  

image via House Beautiful
The guest bedroom in #ProjectPreDevelopment is truly a space to satisfy my wildest dreams (or at least that's what Chris says now).  High gloss lacquer walls, built-in bookcases around a sofa (probably need to double as bed) + sconces, super sexy desk & chair for an office setup, and a killer fireplace … just a few things I want to incorporate in this second bedroom.

image via House Beautiful
I did say I am dreaming big for this room right? Here is a fantastic closeup shot as my inspiration.

image via House Beautiful
Now another area I started brainstorming is the foyer and hallway.  I am dreaming grasscloth wallpaper, dramatic lighting fixture, and a mirror that says "look at me!".  This elegant yet gutsy first impression is designed by Lilly Bunn.

image via House Beautiful
Seems like dramatic, glossy wall treatment is calling my name at the moment.  Solid natural backdrops enlivened by bright poppy red, now that is a timeless approach to beautiful design that can stand the test of time.  

image via House Beautiful
The beauty of symmetry: what is not to love especially with a pair of gorgeous white lamps, brass side tables with deco charm, and faux bamboo chairs for some chinoiserie fun?

image via House Beautiful
From sumptuous glossy hues to bright serene white, this casual elegant space by T. Keller Donovan led me to dreaming a Miami inspired outdoor oasis.  Not exactly how I am going to pull this off yet but lush green + darling coral pairing with crisp white may well be the palette!

image via House Beautiful
Here are a few more detail shots of the space.

image via House Beautiful
And what I love the most in this home are the pagoda chandelier and that Chippendale style mirror!  I already have a mirror and a pagoda style chandelier, now I just need to dream about where to put them! 

image via House Beautiful
So what do you think of my inspirations? Any elements you would use in your own home?

Before I sign off, we also have our winner for the HomeSense giveaway!!  The computer has once again done its magic and our winner is Pat!! Congrats Pat and please email me your contact info!

Happy Thursday friends! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment