Thursday, October 2, 2014

2014 Fall / Winter Preview ~ HomeSense Edition (PART ll)

Hello Thursday! Did you enjoy the three different looks in Part I of my HomeSense Fall / Winter Preview?  The Homesense team has outdone themselves by inspiring us with five distinct spaces filled with stylish accessories and luxurious furnishings from around the globe.  Today, I am sharing with you my absolute favourite look from the preview + a gift guide for this holiday season.


I am calling this look "Luxe Sophistication".  The monochromatic palette of charcoal grey and matte black creates depth and gives the space its dimension.  The panel moulding adds charm + character to a blank canvas (I may need to do that at the next condo ... if Chris will let me) and the eclectic mix of decorative accessories and signature styles had me at hello!


Here is a sleek, modern corner outfitted with a statement leather sofa with a mid-century modern flair (check out the nailhead and tufting details), a mirrored side table that screams art deco, and a larger than life floral for a dramatic conversation piece.


A few showstopping pieces from this vignette: black hand blown glass table lamp, antler inspired stand in antique silver, and the silver + horn pitcher doubling as a vase for the silky faux peonies.


To complete this sexy bachelor pad in Manhattan (I could totally live here by the way), the team has created an ultimate entertaining zone including elements such as:

  • an industrial twist to a classic deco design bar cart with its brushed stainless construction (check out those wheels)
  • a shagreen tray in navy blue with brass trims (don't you just love how glam the bar cart looks with these cut crystal glasses?)
  • an graphic, abstract art. 


If you are looking to steal this look but are not ready to give your space a total makeover, consider welcoming a few statement accessories into your home this fall season.


Here are some of my must-haves:
  • fine china with metallic accents for a sexy dinner party
  • agate artwork + hammered metal wine cooler with horn handles
  • Ralph Lauren photo frames in faux alligator fashion  

My top pick from this Luxe Sophistication look is this tufted quatrefoil ottoman with grey linen/cotton upholstery and a polish chrome base.  Nothing speaks luxe and glam better than this!


Now that you are done decorating your home, it's time to start thinking about gifts.  The team has turned a blank canvas into Santa's workshop to showcase the wide assortment of gifts available at HomeSense this holiday season. 


From toys for the youngsters, stylish favourites for ladies and gents, holiday cards, gift wrapping, and cozy retreats for the four-legged friends, HomeSense has got you covered.


And that's not all: HomeSense is giving one of you $50 to shop!  Simply drop me a note to let me know which of the 5 looks from the 2014 Fall / Winter Preview is your favourite.  For an additional entry, you could also tell me which item you want to bring home with the $50 gift card.

Winner will be selected randomly and announcement will be made on Thursday October 16th!  


18 comments:

  1. Fav is ONE Luxe Sophistication. I would purchase the butterfly print with the card....but really anything for that matter. I love Home Sense and wondering the aisles with a tea looking for unique finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about the luxe sophistication...the textures, the mirrors and the artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would take home the mirrored side table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really digging the dark and handsome noir magic look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would use the gift card to buy that navy tray with brass trims, and maybe some more barware.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Luxe Sophistication! I would use the card towards the rug or those cushions on the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is tough but Glam Romance because...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ....I want those grey armchairs! But I'm going to need a few more $50 gift cards to take those home with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh the noir magic. I need something black & gold in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am LOVING the gourmet country!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...and I'd definitely put the gift card towards something copper. So many choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like look number three, gourmet country.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have to get myself a copper teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Rustic Chic...it feels warm and different from what I usually drawn to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I'll buy some new ornaments this year, time for something new and different !

    ReplyDelete
  16. definately the luxe sophistication look...

    ReplyDelete
  17. would use the gift card to try and find the navy blue tray with brass trims and some of the crystal cut barware to go with it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Tim,
    The luxe sophisticate is my fave and I could see a few of those pieces in my space. For the $50 gift card I would probably use it toward the purchase of the bar cart or the tufted ottoman...love both pieces!!

    ReplyDelete