Friday, September 26, 2014

East Coast Vacay ~ Accommodations & Anne of Green Gables

Hello Friday! Sorry I was out of commission for the last few days fighting a cold.  Guess all the traveling from the last few weeks did me a little weak and that is my body's way of saying "I need a break!".  While resting at home, I sorted some photos and thought why not sharing with you my favourite Bed & Breakfast in Nova Scotia and PEI … just in case if you are looking for accommodations while visiting the East Coast.

If you are in North Sydney (a good central spot if you are planning to visit Louisbourg, the Glace Bay Miner's Museum, Baddeck, or rest up before catching the ferry to Newfoundland), check out Heritage Home Bed & Breakfast.


This century old home is full of charm, personality, and with all architectural details of the heritage homes I love in Toronto.  Now what the Victorians in Toronto could not compete with is this spectacular view of the Atlantic Ocean.  The Hostess, Juana, has done an amazing job with her garden and that front porch was my favourite spot to watch the sunset.


The interiors of this home are every bit as vibrant and fun as its century old facade.  The accent colour in this formal living room is burgundy red.  Just like a bottle of red, this traditional space just gets better with age (and thanks to Downton Abbey for a style revival). My personal favourites: the brass pelican on the table and the goose fireplace tool set.


Floral has also made a great comeback in the last few years, and this beauty reminds me of a good English Roll Arm or William Birch sofa upholstered in a serene floral, Japonerie, from Osborne & Little.  I am crazy about that big tassel and the water-colour painting blue porcelains! 


The breakfast at Heritage Home Bed & Breakfast is one of the best I have had (and I had stayed at a fair bit of B&Bs over the past few weeks) and check out this dining room!! I felt like I was at a country home in Tuscany … or in heaven with Williams Sonoma.


Juana's blue berry french toasts and home baked muffins are to die for (especially when I was trying to cut out carbs) but I simply couldn't resist.


This little nook off the dining room is such a private retreat when you just need some alone time, to read book or to enjoy a cup of tea.  Small in square footage but what fun with the radiant turquoise!


Now if you are in PEI, I highly recommend Blue Jay's Nest Bed and Breakfast.  Rosie and Frank are fabulous hosts, and their home is chic, cozy, and you would feel right at home.  


What a garden with beautiful perennials and a greenhouse for fresh produces! Rosie's breakfast … what a visual feast and they were absolutely delicious!  Located in Montague, Blue Jay's Nest Bed & Breakfast is closed to many PEI attractions, and I do recommend you to stay for a few nights as Rosie does have a system for her breakfast and trust me, you do want to try them all! 


While on PEI, every tourist has to visit Anne of Green Gables right?


Who knew painted wallpapers were hot a century ago and in a farmhouse! Dynamite floral with a playful yet elegant staircase and yes, there was another floral in the living room as well (see the green one at the back?).


Funny I have never read the book but now I may want to find out the stories behind these beautiful rooms!


That's a wrap of my recaps of the East Coast Vacay! Hope you enjoy my tourist attractions and food + shop editions last week.  It is shaping up to be a gorgeous fall weekend, let's enjoy it friends! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment