Monday, September 29, 2014

2014 Fall / Winter Preview ~ HomeSense Edition (PART I)

Hello Monday! Did you enjoy our much anticipated summer at the end of September? I kid you not, I was literally sweating (with t-shirt and shorts on) while having lunch with Jordana on Saturday.  I am not complaining of course, and will embrace the bright blue sky and warm breeze for another week (at least that's what the forecast says at the moment).

Even though I wish summer will last forever, fall weather is certainly heading our way with the arrival of October in a few short days.  So are you ready to decorate your home for fall / winter? If you are looking for inspirations and a one-stop-shop to refresh your home for the season, you have got to check out HomeSense.  


The team has done an amazing job putting together a few signature looks for fall / winter 2014, and I will share three top collections with you today.  

I call this pretty and delicate collection of pink + grey with gold ~ Glam Romance.  The colours are soft, the furniture pieces are curvaceous and luxurious, and the metallic finishes add shimmer and sparkles to the space.     


Pink is a tough colour to decorate with as men in general are scared of such "girly" colour.  In this vignette, the HomeSense team injected various shades of pink via anchoring pieces such as the chesterfield style sofa, the graphic area rug, the diamond tufted armchair, and the walls were painted pastel pink, while pairing the pretty hues with subdued neutrals to create a serene, elegant space.

To appeal to the gents, the team used sculptural and nature inspired elements throughout including the striped coffee table, the horn side table, the huge wine bucket (love the scale and its old world charm), the elephant art, and the deer container.  


A couple of close-ups of our first look:



As for my favourites, I am crazy about the rose gold mirror frames, the deco styled console with a stone top, and a pair of these grey armchairs (they remind me of the greek peak chair by Thom Filicia)! 


Look Two is cozy, rustic, and it reminds me of the charming dining room in "It's Complicated".


I love the mix of pale mustard yellow with porcelain blue for an instant french country appeal.  Who wouldn't want to dine at a country estate in France right?  Dreaming aside, many of the pieces in this vignette are almost identical to those with much higher price tags.  For example, the rustic dining table and chairs from Restoration Hardware, tufted velvet + lucite bench and modern wingback chair from ELTE, cabinet / bar from Jonathan Adler, and table lamp and china from Ralph Lauren.   


My favourite picks in this look are the masculine wingback chair (love that pop of orange) and the vintage style rug! 


Look Three is all about creating your dream kitchen in classic black & white with natural wood accents.


Copper is showing up in all decor magazines and HomeSense has an amazing collection to you to dress up your kitchen.  I am totally inspired by this look and may just be using copper as decorative accent in my own kitchen this holiday season.  


My favourite you ask? Beside from all the copper items, I am crazy about these incredibly handsome cabinets with glass panelled doors and sexy oil-rubbed bronze hardware! 


So friends, which look speaks to you?  I have already spotted some of these items at HomeSense … you may want to check out the stores near you.  While you are busy shopping, be sure to come back on Wednesday as I will share with you my absolute favourite look from the HomeSense fall / winter preview and a giveaway for you! 

Happy Monday!   

No comments:

Post a Comment