Tuesday, September 2, 2014

2014 Fall Preview ~ Indigo Edition

Hello Tuesday! I am officially on vacay right now touring Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.  I still cannot believe that I have been living in this amazing country for over 23 years and this is the first time I stand on east coast soil.  For two weeks, we will be checking out Halifax, Cape Breton, Peggy's Cove at Nova Scotia, and of course Charlottetown at PEI.

The fresh scent of the ocean and the crisp breeze by seashore are just a couple my favourite things on this trip.  As this summer is more chilly than usual, I am ready outfitted in fall mode.  Now speaking about Fall, I will be sharing with you some of my top picks from the fall/winter previews over the next two weeks.  Fabulous items are popping up at many of my frequent brands and today, we are shopping at Indigo!


What a warm welcome the moment I stepped into the showroom.  The visual team has done an incredible job to get us into the Fall spirit with the burgundy red and pumpin orange floral arrangement, the muted green pillows, and the cluster of copper maple leafs for a stunning installation.


We love using bright and fresh colors in our homes during the summer months but in fall/winter, we tend to gravitate toward more muted, subdued hues.  This monochromatic space with an expertly currated collection of greys and whites screams streamlined sophication to me.  I am sure all the guys will love this too.  A complete palette of greys and whites may read a little cool.  The faux fur throw, the wicker baskets, the walnut details in furnishings, and the natural wood floor all added warmth to this Mad Men-inspired vignette. 


If you have a large coffee table and bookcases with lots of display spaces, you have got to check out Indigo for their entire line of home decor items.  Here is a sneak peek of what you will find in stores coming this fall. 


My top picks here are these downfilled pillows (love the polka dots), the super chic prints from Stephanie Sterjovski, the cluster of matte white bowls set in glass dome, and my absolute favourite: the white pine cone music box!  


Fall is also the season to harvest and the visual team has set the table to welcome us with beautifully photographed cookbooks, a collection of casual elegance stoneware in shades of greys, blues, and creams, and I am getting hungry just looking at these bakery style breads!  


Fall is also the time when we naturally put on additional layers.  Why not do the same and up the cozy factor to our home by layering patterns, textures, and glittery candle lights?  I love this leopard loafer print by Jessica and these silver and gold murcury glass votive holders.  What is your favourite?


I always like a well-stocked pantry, especially in the fall/winter to serve up a couple cups of impromptu hot cocos or ciders.  Wish I have a casual kitchen corner just like this in my own home. 


From delicious sweet treats to classic maple syrup delights, Indigo has got your covered to get cozy up next to a roaring fire.  As for me, I just simply couldn't result the organic sensibility of this pitcher, the stylish mixed stone and wood cutting boards, and these adorable copper cups.


For the fashion lovers and tech savvy shoppers, check out this sexy black collection for Fall/Winter 2014.  I am a big fan of these Friends with Benefits earphones.  How fun is that with the replacable caps! Love the prism and sand dollar looks!


September is also the beginning of a school term, and Indigo has the best back-to-school essentials to make the transition "enjoyable".  Graphic monogrammed cups, sleek table lamp, and inspiring covers on note books, I think you are well-equiped for a successful school year to come!


So what are your favourites? Are you ready to welcome fall?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh...many goodies are coming our way. I want the whole black "fashion & tech central" section.
    Happy travels...

    ReplyDelete