Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Style at Home Blog ~ Woodland Adventure

Hello Tuesday! Wasn't the weather just absolutely amazing over the weekend? I sure hope the heat will stay and the sun will shine over the next few days as yours truly head north for a camping trip.  With a mild summer and plenty of rain, a few friends with cottages have told me their battles with the hungry black/deer/horse flies and the mighty mosquitos.

Trying to stay on the positive note prior to being eaten live, I have decided to focuse on some beautifully designed and decorated rooms by two of my favourite designers, Sarah Richardson and Samantha Pynn.

Sarah designed this rustic, chic, and cozy cottage retreat for a couple of boys.  However, it is so sophisticated with the barn board ceiling, the trim work on the walls, the graphic patterns on the drapery panels, the classic wing back chair, and a few pieces of vintage treasures.  This room is no longer only for teens.  It is good for guests of all ages! I would stay here (forever) in a heart beat!

images via Sarah Richardson Design
Camping in Ontario means you will be hanging out by the beaches and diving into the lake for a refreshing swim. This beachside inspired playroom and bedroom outfitted in a blue, red, and white classic nautical palette by Samantha had me at hello! The window beach with ocean blue seat cushions + crisp white pipping, the dramatic stripes on the feature wall, the natural bamboo texture on the shades and baskets, and the painted vintage bed with loads of character ... just to name a few of my favourite things. 

images via Samantha Pynn
So here is a room I put together for a boy (or myself) with a woodland theme in mind.  Head over to Style at Home Blog and read about how I put the board together!

source: star wallpaper / pine decal / rug / bed / grey paint / chandelier / fabrics / pillows / lamp / wood table / teepee
So what do you think? Have you designed a place with a specific theme in mind? I would love to know!

1 comment:

  1. I love the room Sarah designed, especially because of the wooden ceiling style. It looks a bit rustic but modern at the same time. Having balanced the colours, she really did create an exceptional and appealing design I think. I would change the brown bedding for myself though, for something softer maybe. That is what I particularly admire about good Interior Designers, that they listen and create a tailor-made design with passion. Well done.

    ReplyDelete