Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Weekend Fun ~ 07.27.2014

Hello Tuesday! How was your weekend? I was in Waterloo wrapping up more rooms at #ProjectChris and doing one of my absolute favourite thing: decorating! We are finally in that phase of the project where I get to shop for + try out different accessories.  I focused my attention in the bathroom and a couple of vignettes in the living room.  Here is a sneak peek of what happened on the weekend.

I am toying with the idea of adding wall decals from Urban Walls in the bathroom.  Remember these little pine trees? Now that the art pieces are up, I am wondering if the stars would be a better choice.  What do you think?


The weather was a bit unpredictable on the weekend.  The weatherman had forecasted the days to be rainy and cloudy.  It turned out to be a mix of sun and cloud with just a touch of raindrops on Saturday.  So Chris and I decided to go for a walk and that was when we discovered the food truck fair in Waterloo! 

Nothing beats a street festival with live music and tasty food.  I love this poutine with schnitzel by Rotstein Fresswagen!  I think they should come to Toronto!  For more information on where Rotstein Fresswagen will be next, check them out on Facebook.  



And the weather took a real turn on Sunday late afternoon when we were solidly covered with a HUGE dark thunder cloud.  Chris was determined to BBQ all the food we'd prepared, and neither the lightening or tornado warnings could stop him.  So we put on our raincoats and stood by the BBQ in torrential rain for a good hour.  The reward: a delicious labour of love!       


Trying to put the rain behind me and wishing for a brighter and warmer summer got me looking at the new series by Gray MalinBarcelona.  I have been a big fan of his photography and this Barcelona Swimmers shot had me at hello.

Instagram is truly a wonderful spot for inspiration and sources for decoration.  I love this sketch by Jessica of the Aestate!  You may just see it at #ProjectChris real soon!

images via Gray Malin / the Aestate
Just like me, my pal Igor of Happy Interior Blog loves to create (and change up) vignettes at his home in Munich.  I am loving these latest shots!! If you want to see more of his home + his tips on travels, be sure to check Igor out on Facebook

images via Happy Interior Blog
You know what else is super exciting? Sarah has been hinting on instagram she might be in for another round of Sarah's Cottage!!  #fingerscrossed

images via Sarah Richardson Design
It is time to run! Have a great one friends!! xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, thank you SO SO much for the mention, Tim!! This is a total surprise as I clicked on your post to see more peeks into Chris' apartment and then I realized there's some peeks into my home, too!! Much appreciated my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Igor!! I love your home and the graphic contrast created by the ceiling and the wall! Your styling of course brilliant as always :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh I love the two wall decals you picked. My vote goes to the stars. I would totally use a gold pineapple if they have that option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gold pineapple!! now I am in love!!

      Delete
  3. Voting for the pine tree! OMG the poutine looks so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete