Friday, July 4, 2014

Summer Entertainment ~ Garden BBQ

Hello Friday! Are you ready for the weekend? Chris and I are hosting a BBQ at my place this weekend   with a few dear friends.  I love summer and want to spend every minute outdoor, so why not taking advantage of the beautiful weather and enjoy a delicious dinner at the garden?

I hosted a BBQ at my place a few years back with a much larger group and the crazy decorator side of me took over.  Sadly, the actual work itself overpowered the party fun.  Learning from that experience, I am going simple this time.  Here are a few simple decorations I am going for this time: 

images via 1/ 2/ 3
We love cocktails and my heart skipped a beat when I saw this beautiful shot by Brittany of My Daily Randomness.
image via my daily randomness
Mojito, Ruby Red Grapefruit Paloma, and Rootbeer & Bailey's Ice Cream Float, I have to try them all!

image via my daily randomness
As for food, I am thinking juicy cheese burgers (Chris picked up some good ones from the farmer's market), baked potato wedges (probably need to precook in oven first), and perhaps some chicken skewers for my non-beef eating friends! 

images via burgers/ wedges/ skewers
Are you having a BBQ this weekend? What are your favourite drinks and food items? I would love to know!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I'm completely inspired by these photos. I always default to the basic burgers and steaks - time to try out some new recipes! Have a fun bbq.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally right? We didn't do the wedges and skewers this time ... but will for sure try them out over the next couple of weekends! Love the back deck transformation Jen!

      Delete
  2. Tim, here's an awesome recipe for potato wedges. Cut the potatos in advance and set aside covered in cold water to prevent browning. It's fairly simple to throw these in the oven at the last moment and they are so much better hot! You can even add grated pecorino cheese at the last moment - complemented by by chopped rosemary. Personally, I would omit the balsamic vinegar but your mileage may vary. I guarantee these will be a smash. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/04/roasted-potato-wedges/

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, that last recipe / comment is from Mark (the guy you sold the Sarah's House 1 bench to ... thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mark! Glad to hear from you and you know what, 3 more people have asked me afterward about the bench! You've totally lucked out! I should have picked that up myself as well ... and I also needed a bench in the den!

      Thanks for the recipe! I didn't get to try it on the past weekend but will for sure try it out this coming one! Happy Summer!

      Delete