Monday, July 7, 2014

Garden Party ~ Summer 2014

Hello Monday! Did you enjoy the fantastic weather this weekend? I just loved the two days of bright blue sky and warm sunshine.  The forecast did suggest a possibility of rain, but I was so glad it was held off until later in the evening because: Chris and I hosted a fabulous garden party on Sunday!


Chris and I like to hang out at the garden and barbecue on weekends.  After hosting a large party a few years back, I swore I wouldn't go overboard with the decoration again.  Fast forward a few years and I was ready to host for another summer party! Inspired by the beautiful shades of Peony's pink, I decided to go with a soft pastel palette: delicate blush, dove grey, lemon meringue, and beach pebbles.


For an intimate garden party, here are my top three essentials to take it up a notch: 
  • fresh blooms: nothing adds instant charm to the tablescape better than seasonal blooms.  I am so lucky to have Peonies in July!  
  • pattern mix: have a little fun with patterns! I have mixed in checkers, stars, stripes, wood grains, and a refreshing pitcher of orange sangria!
  • personal touch: embrance your crafty side with a personalized tag as napkin ring.  "hello friend" puts a smile on everyone's face at the party!
 

We also celebrated two recent birthdays last night with this super delicious mandarin orange cake baked by Chris.  Happy Birthday Timothy and Leo!  


So friends, are you ready for your summer party? I would love to hear your top party decoration tips!


2 comments:

  1. Lots of work but also fun to host parties =) Love the casual theme you have going on, cute yet sophisticated. Can't wait til I can host some non-kids-centred parties again!

    ReplyDelete