Friday, May 9, 2014

Style At Home Collection + Tips on Colours + Twitter Party + Gus* Sale!

Hello Friday! The weekend is finally here and with yours truly working overtime for the last few nights, I am ready to embrace a weekend of doing nothing but to hangout with friends and spend a sunny afternoon at High Park.  And perhaps to catch up on those few extra hours of sleeps.

Speaking about having a good night sleep, I was at the launch party of the Style at Home Collection with Sears Canada a few weeks ago to learn about luxurious bedding options, and how to pick the right pillow to get the best quality of sleep.

images via Style at Home
The Dark Beauty collection is all about bringing floral to the 21st century by re-imaging this traditional motif as a graphic yet serene water-colour inspired print.  The various shades of grey, purple, and lavender also gives this floral a modern, current look.  To add extra texture and layering on this luxurious bed, consider the geometric weave on the breakfast cushion and the quilted floral design on the euro shams.  

For the ensuite, I love the pop of metallic gold embellishment on the crisp white ceramic bath accessories.  Practical and beautiful, now that's why I love this collection!  


The Periwinkle Paisley collection is fresh, classy, and elegance.  The oversized paisley print in ocean blue is complemented by the perfect shade of creamy white.  I am in love with the coverlet with a cable stitch design, and that breakfast pillow #WANT!

Doesn't this collection just reminds you of Greece? It's time to plan my next vacation!


I always have a blast and be inspired at the Style at Home events.  I have been obsessed with the greek key pattern for a while and this South Beach duvet cover may just be the answer to my prayers.  This sophisticated duvet is 100% cotton and I just adore the soft grey grosgrain trim and geometric embroidery detail.  An early birthday present perhaps?? Anyone?


Want to pamper yourself with luxurious cotton towels and learn how to organize/display them like a pro? Erin is here to give us a quick lesson how on to fold the perfect towel for the magazine-worthy look.  

images via Style at Home
Now whether you are a side sleeper, a back sleeper, a traditional sleeper, or a stomach sleeper, Sears has got the right pillow just for you.  I think I toss around all the time and the sleep expert suggested me to go with the traditional pillows.  

What kind of sleeper are you friends?


The special 100+ Designer Secrets Issue is on newsstands now and it is all about how to use colours in your homes.  The issue features many inspiring stories including common yet challenging topics such as how to decorate open shelves.  Want to see the making of this vignette and how it is being transformed to various different looks? Get a copy now.  

image via Style at Home
Loving this little black book idea (great job Catherine!) and I am honoured to be included to share my tips on using bold colours. 

image via Style at Home
Style at Home is teaming up with the Home Depot to host a Twitter party on Wednesday May 14th at 12pm.  It is all about outdoor living and we sure have waited long enough this year to enjoy our fabulous outdoor space!  Join the experts for a fun chat and share your ideas!

image via Style at Home and the Home Depot
An before I leave you all to enjoy the weekend, the much anticipated Gus* Modern annual warehouse sale is on this saturday.  You know how much I love this sale and just check out the items available this year!  Those pastel coloured pawn tables … I so want them!!  

The line up will be long and the warehouse will be in complete madness for the first hour on Saturday.  To read up on how I survived the sale in previous years, check out Here and here.  Good luck shopping friends and please do let me know what you've picked up!    

images via Gus* Modern

No comments:

Post a Comment