Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Spring / Summer 2014 ~ The Home Depot Edition

Hello Wednesday!  Isn't it just gorgeous out the last couple of days?  I am loving all the bright golden rays + light warm breeze, and that puts me right into a spring/summer outdoor living mood.  I attended the Home Depot's spring/summer preview a little while back, and I was in love with many of the items from the 2014 collections.  From stylish luxurious conversation set to well-priced, condo sized sitting arrangement, the the Home Depot has got you covered.

New and exciting to the 2014 spring/summer collection is the Brown Jordan's collection exclusively to the Home Depot: Highland, Marquis, Northshore, and Vineyard, which one is your favourite?  


My favourite is the Highland collection.  I love the curved back, flared arms, and the herringbone weave pattern made from weather-resistant resin for a tapered, streamlined, yet relaxed look.  It is also a refreshing contrast to the traditional beige and grey colour palette.  Vibrant, sumptuous tomato red, this is the colour I am craving for this summer!


Don't you just love the oversized paint chips? I wish paint chips come in this size … now that's your inspiration for an art project this summer!  If you have a good size outdoor space and planning to give it a fresh new look, Highland is perfectly scaled for a backyard and it combines beauty, function, and comfort.  Oh and check out the floor tiles: they are made out of recycled tires!  Now this is how we do green design!


If you prefer a cooler palette and square footage is limited (i.e. condo living like me), then you may want to consider Blue Hill.  This classic blue, grey, and white palette looks fresh, crisp, and it reminds me of the ocean.  Summer breeze, clear water, sailboat … I am sold!


A few things I love in this collection: the whimsical beach hut pillow, the large scale floor tiles in a grid pattern, the fire pit doubling as a coffee table, and of course these delicious cookies!


Need to set up the patio for a fabulous outdoor dinner party? Check out Colborne! Contemporary dining table and chairs in espresso + avocado green as accent via umbrella and dinnerware + snappy stripes throw pillows, I say the Home Depot is your perfect one stop shop!


A big thank you to the Home Depot team for all their hard work to showcase the exciting products for this season! Thanks ladies! 


Are you all set to enjoy this outdoor living season? I simply can't wait and I am dying to learn all about outdoor living tips and be inspired at the Style at Home's Live Twitter Party today at 12pm + over $1000 in prize giveaways thanks to the Home Depot!  Be sure to join the party!

image via the Home Depot / Style at Home

1 comment:

  1. Love them all. I too am leaning towards red this summer ;). I am going to get on of those beach huts pillows next time I'm at Home Depot. Have a great long weekend cheers Frances

    ReplyDelete