Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Project Balcony ~ WINNERS edition

Hello Wednesday! Wasn't the weekend just absolutely amazing? We have waited 6 long months for the warm sunny rays to arrive and what a perfect way to kick start our garden season on the May long weekend!  I spent a good part of my sunday afternoon checking out the garden center to pick out plants for the balcony.  It was a zoo at the garden centre (guess everyone was planting on the weekend), but what fun!

I will save my balcony makeover with green plants for another time and for today, we are checking out the balcony makeover I did for WINNERS!


WINNERS contacted me about a month ago regarding a makeover project.  We initally were talking about storage ideas, and of course the outdoor obsessed side of me wanted to dress up the balcony to welcome the arrival of  spring/summer.  The project was super fun, but the deadline was extremely tight (two weeks) since the garden season had already arrived at WINNERS and I could only be in Waterloo on weekends.    

So I did what I do best: power shop! I must have checked out about 6 WINNERS locations as I drove from Toronto to Waterloo.  The hard work paid off and I managed to find everything I needed for the balcony in 1 day!  


image via WINNERS
The core function I am after for the balcony is simple: urban outdoor living to lounge and to entertain.  My five essential must-haves for any balcony makeover are: comfortable seating, chic rug underfoot, stylish pillows for pops of colors, a good size table for drinks / treats, and of course sophisticated planters for container garden!


A little close up on a few of my fabulous finds at WINNERS.  I love how chic these outdoor bistrol chairs look.  Don't they just remind you of a cafe in Paris?  Create you own rug if you can't find one at the right dimension.  I have lined up three rugs here for a dynamic pattern play!  Bright, vibrant pillows add a real shot of colour and the intensity of the hues energize the space.       


Here are my favourite close-ups.  What do you think?


Want to see how this space came together?  I have got a fun step-by-step illustration for you!


Happy Hump Day friends! 

5 comments:

  1. Hey Tim,
    I've got a few things to comment on this morning...
    1. Your step-by-step photo show is awesome. Nicely done.
    2. Working with Winners?! Super awesome!
    3. Speed shopping - you are SO good at it!
    4. Perfect idea with the screen - hides the red brick a bit and makes the space really feel like another real room instead of an after-thought. Good choice with the white. :)
    5. Are those narrow planters are from Winners, too?
    6. Also think it's so cool how you put down the deck floor. So smart.
    ENJOY!!!!
    Jordana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jordana!! I love it too and it was a lot of fun to put the space together, especially when working with WINNERS on this makeover.

      Yes I found the planters at WINNERS … but it was one of those WINNERS/HomeSense locations.

      Will have to invite you over soon!

      Delete
  2. Looks really fabulous Tim! I love a good power shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue and white combination with a dash of vibrant red! Great styling Tim!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Igor! Would love to have you over sometime! You and Will will need to make an appearance in Toronto!

      Delete