Monday, March 31, 2014

Weekend Fun ~ 03.30.2014

Hello Monday! Did you get out to enjoy the bright sunshine and first sign of spring?  Chris and I were busy getting the kitchen put back together for a good chunk of the weekend, but it is so worth it!  Quite a transformation if I may say so myself! A few more finishing details to complete but we finally get to cook in this kitchen again!


Transformations on TV always look like a breeze … well, it took our kitchen guy almost 8 hours to put all the doors back on, aligned all the doors and drawers, drilled holes for the hardware, and installed these sleek, sophisticated knobs from ELTE.  From plans to execution with a few magic tools, 8 hours friends! 


While the boys were busy putting the kitchen back together (my task was to supervise), I had some time to think about what I want to do with these stools from Target.  Aren't these stools just fab? Practically everyone has a pair of them (see Lindsay of Little House Blog and Erica of Moth Design).  I actually quite like the original plum cotton/linen blend, but it probably won't work with the overall palette in the living room.  So here are my two options: Geometric + Stripes OR Dots + Solid.  

A preliminary survey on Instagram on Sunday suggests most people are digging les touches in black.  It will work perfectly in the space but a part of me wants to bring something light-hearted and fresh in the room (must be the spring spirit), and that's why I kind of liking the lime green.  Also wondering about the kelly green pipping with les touches … maybe I just need a different fabric as pipping.   


With most rooms are under control at #ProjectChris, my mind has drifted to an untapped territory: balcony.  Not too crazy about the red bricks … but can't do anything about that.  What else is on Chris' must-have list? An electric BBQ and planters.  These planters are my latest finds during my routine HomeSense tours on Fridays.  

As for the BBQ, this one Chris inherited is looking a little sad.  Since I have to work with the red bricks, I figure I better embrace this bossy feature instead of fighting it.  This race car red handsome electric BBQ from the Home Depot may just be it!  

I am also re-imagining this affordable stool with high style from HomeSense.  For its complete transformation, you will just have to wait for a little longer. 


I did get to enjoy the lovely spring weather and here are a few of my favourite moments:


Happy Monday friends! xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Heck ya - the kitchen transformation is AWESOME! You guys must be SO happy with it! Paint is really magical, isn't it? I'm curious about the balcony transformation. I have two outdoor spaces that I need to sort out this spring. I'm also very curious about the bath stool makeover. I've been tempted to buy the same one as I really like the base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should totally get that stool! They are still available at HomeSense. Come over next weekend to see what I've done! xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Wow amazing kitchen transformation! Can't wait to see more Tim San :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may just have to come back to Toronto to see it Shell!

      Delete
  3. Le Sigh - I want a kitchen as pretty as this one. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! It maybe easier than you think! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Hi. If you're not loving the red brick wall on the patio/balcony my suggestion would be to either find or make a narrow but long rectangular planter box the width of the wall and add some greenery, a permanent boxwood hedge would be lovely year round. You could also add a free standing trellis that does not attach to the wall, and grow something seasonal to add visual interest or greenery - climbing hydrangea, clematis or ivy, etc. Good luck! - Steph

      Delete
    3. Thanks Steph for the great tips!! I am thinking about perhaps a trellis screen and then some string lights behind it for a magical wall!

      Delete