Friday, March 28, 2014

OOAK Spring Show 2014

Hello Friday! Spring is finally in the air and with close to 10 C coming up this weekend, I am definitely ready to welcome spring and kicking that old man winter out of the door!  One of my all time favourite spring events is the One of A Kind Spring Show, where talented and creative artisans from our great nation join forces in Toronto to showcase their latest collections.  Here are a few of my favourites from here and here.

images via OOAKS
For this Spring, it is all about cottage charm and after such a long, devastated winter, I am sure we are all looking forward to spend our days outdoor or at least to bring the outdoor in right now.  Check out this year's door greeter at the OOAK Spring Show! I don't know about you, but I am ready to change into my tanks & shorts and head to the cottage by the lake! 

Now if you are planning to freshen up your cottage, how about this stylish version of the classic "Muskoka" chair?  I am digging the old window frame turned blackboard fun and that wooden chair is perfect around the kid's table for afternoon tea party or craft central! 


Speaking about kid's corner, this vignette made me smile.  Sweet, precious, and adorable, I am sure your kids will love it too!


Dreaming a summer wedding out in the country?  OOAK Spring Show may just be your one-stop-shop! From elegant, refined, yet casual dress to wedding invitations, they are all available at the show.


Etsy is at the OOAK Spring Show and what an inspiring group!  My eyes were immediately drawn to the fun nautical theme pillows & bags, and this "cloud" blanket with chic blank & white boarder by Shiliconfetti may just be what I need to pick up this weekend!


Feeling a little crafty this spring? Maybe it's time for you to pick up the needles and start stitching.  These super adorable fellas by Kirikipress had me at Hello.  Well ... both me and Jen of Rambling Renovators to be exact.  We both felt in love with this little bear and picked up a starter kit (Did you see that gold crane scissors? It comes with the kit!).  Wish me luck with the intense herringbone detail at the belly.

Chris' mom is big on crafty ideas and I may just have to get her this super advance owl (see all the feather detail) for Christmas.


I love going to the OOAK Show, especially when I am looking for something in particular.  Chris said he needs some coasters for his condo and look at what I've found: Turkish marble coasters in all these cool patterns and colorways by Versatile!


Here are a few of my favourites from Dan's collection.  Can't you tell I am all ready for summer and riding my bike by the country or taking a long walk at the beach?  Custom work is also available and I may just have to order a set or two with photos from our trip to Europe!


Hugo is back again and this time in full marine style! Such a sharp blue and white collection, and I am ready for sailing!

images via Hugo Dieier
From cups, bowls, jars, mugs, oil jars, mixing bowls, to cake stands, Hugo has an entire marine collection for your stylish boat house … or for those who would like to bring home a little nautical fun.  The compass on the cake stand is just so much fun, and it may be Chris' house warming gift from me!

Looking for a sculpture ceramic speaker? Check out this one by Hugo and it fits most Smart Phones!

speaker / cake stand images via Hugo Dieier
've made a new friend at this year's show: meet Amy of AVW Photography.  I enjoy seeing the stunning sceneries on this planet through Amy's camera and how she transformed these precious memories into amazing arts that we also get to enjoy in our own home.  The Nature series is just absolutely breathtaking and the Urban series reminds me of my trips to Europe.  One piece came home with me and you will just have to wait to see it at #ProjectChris.


From magnetic postcards, custom clocks, to mini canvas banners, there are many ways for you to incorporate Amy's work into your home.  The "love" and "forest" pieces are calling me.  I may have to get them once I have all the wall spaces figured out.


Art … I just simply can't get enough out it.  Patrick Lajoie Photography is yet another temptation that makes me dream of a new piece of art at home.  This super fun beach house in a snappy candy cane colorway on the beach is exactly what I want + need at the moment.  Double checking measurement at #ProjectChris this weekend and trying hard to convince Chris we need this in the house! 


So friends, any items have caught your eyes? The One of A Kind Spring Show is opened for the entire weekend.  Be sure to check out it and order tickets here to saving 15% + avoid line-up!


No comments:

Post a Comment