Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekend Fun ~ 02.23.2014

Hello Monday! How was your weekend friends? Mine of course was all about keeping #ProjectChris on track and if you have done reno/decoration involving trades, you'd know that things do go wrong ALL THE TIME.

My weekend started with my beautiful custom headboard being 3 inches too big to fit into my car when I arrived at Fine Interiors by Susan.  I was so looking forward to having it in the bedroom and now I have to wait until next week for my delivery guy to come to the rescue.  Sorry Susan!! I know it has been sitting in your shop for a couple of weeks already.  You are the BEST!  

Then we were just about to install this modern, sculptural chandelier I picked up from Urban Mode a year or so ago until I discovered a screw was missing at one of the arms.  Not sure if it will be problematic in the future, I will also have to wait for an electrician comes for a look first.

Things took a better turn when our kitchen sprayer came to label, collect, and remove all the cabinet doors.  3 weeks … and we should have a brand new kitchen! Can't wait!  I also can't wait to get rid of that pendant at the island.  #FingersCrossed my lighting plan for a pair of pressed glass by Tom Dixon will work out.

These beautiful drapes by Tonic Living also put me in a good mood. 


I also had some artwork fun over the weekend.  No budget left for a gallery visit, so I focused on incredible pieces from HomeSense at unbeatable prices.  This birdie print won all the votes on the weekend and its colours work perfectly with the drapes and the muted gold wallpaper.  The doggie prints from Trowbridge Gallery also cheered me up.

Here is your sneak peek of the living room in progress.  Love my stylish Annex credenza from Gus* Modern.  


We also decided to install the chandelier after sunset last night and had to pull multiple light sources to give us enough light for the task.  Why didn't we do it during the day … I've learned not to ask "why" anymore.  The end result looks amazing and I hope Chris will start to "like" faux bamboo soon.  


We are also making great process in the den.  Wallpaper, bench, and rug now live happily together.  So thrilled by Nate's encouragement on Instagram.  Up nest are wall sconces, chandelier, artwork , and the vintage sliding door.  


Of course I have to thank this #German who is behind the scene, coordinating with trades, and working super hard and overtime to make this makeover a reality.  From builder basic to custom show stopper, thanks for all your patience and love during my mini melt-downs and faith in my vision for your first home! #LOVE


OK, it's time to get back to work … good luck to us all on Monday! xo

9 comments:

  1. #ProjectChris is looking FABULOUS. And WHOA, a comment from Nate! That is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen!! I was super excited about the Nate's comment too! #ProjectChris … we just have to finish it!

      Delete
  2. Looking great! Love the headboard I'm just ordered that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that fabric is gorgeous isn't it? can't wait to see it in the bedroom this weekend :)

      Delete
  3. It's really coming together now, isn't it? I'm still amazed at how quickly you're pulling everything together. The #German looks happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jordana!! You will have to come for a visit when we are done! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh don't ya just hate it when that happens? I pretty much expect it on every project now when I do any sort of custom furnishings...I make sure the door casings are removed to make way or else we're hoisting those suckers up the 2nd floor balcony! lol...Progress looks fantastic...so glad I stumbled upon your blog! There's some fab ideas here!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Lesson learned here! xo

      Delete
  5. Great design, specially wallpapers! they are giving a beautiful feeling inside.

    ReplyDelete