Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekend Fun ~ 02.09.2014

Hello Monday! How was your weekend friends? Chris and I took a mini break from #ProjectChris and had a relaxing time in Toronto to source storage solutions and a few more furniture pieces.  I have never thought a pair of side tables in the living room can be so challenging to find!I have been looking everywhere for a suitable pair with the right look/size and of course, within budget.

A quick stop at HomeSense landed me a pair of these Moroccan inspired side tables with sculptural lines and octagonal tops.  I am crazy about the bevel edge detail and that luxe emerald green.  The only set back is that the pair maybe slightly small, especially once we put the table lamps on top.  Will have to test it out.

While looking for side tables, I also found a pair of super chic art and an amazing hide rug at unbeatable prices.  The rug was not the right size for me but if you are looking for a 5 x 8, Markville Mall is where you want to go!  Chris wasn't too sure about the art … but I took them with me anyway.  #fingerscrossed.  


Pinterest is a wonderful thing and that was exactly where I spotted this gorgeous marble + brass stunner brand new to West Elm even before it hits the floor!  I went to West Elm to pick out a pair and I am mapping them to the living room at #ProjectChris.  See how the lamps may be too big for the side tables I just found at HomeSense? I will have to make them work somehow.  

I of course also checked out the new items in the store and hello mirror, pillows, and sensational boxes!   

lamp image via West Elm
It is always a delight to receive a sneak peek from Susan of Fine Interiors.  Isn't this faux bamboo chair with navy faux ostrich and antique brass nailheads looking incredible? I was super excited and the clients were very please to see the chairs (yes we have 2 of these) in their dining room.  


Christmas also came real early this year with the arrival of these absolutely breathtaking faucets from Brizo.  Thank you so much for the amazing Tresa and the sleek, contemporary Odin!  #ProjectChris, you are making me so jealous!  


Remember I have found a striking door last weekend? It has been delivered and I am inspired by this incredible sliding door at Christine's basement.  Perhaps I will use a similar tracking system.  I was also looking for hardware options and have found these two possibilities at The Door Store.  What do you think?
  
inspiration via Bijou and Boheme /hardware via The Door Store
It's time to kick start another work week! Good luck to us all! xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your door inspiration! You may have found the solution to my "hide the kitchen from the dining room" dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the door, Tim, it's going to look great! Are you going to use the same placement for the knob or are you going to cover the current hole and use a big a statement knob in the centre like they have on doors in Paris (remember this post?... http://cherishtoronto.blogspot.ca/2012/11/doors-of-paris.html). That would be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm thinking about filling the hole and get a killer knob!! #greatmind! you know where to find a fab knob?

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the sweet mention Tim- such a gorgeous door you have!!!!

    ReplyDelete