According to Dr. Stanley, a good night sleep means you are:
- better recuperation and restoration of physical and mental functionals
- less likely to have heart attack/ stroke/ depression/ diabetes
- stronger/ strengthen metabolic & immune system
You know what all that means? That means you will look better, younger, and slimmer!! Now that I have caught your attention, here is how to get your beauty sleep:
Yes, design your bedroom like Mary McDonald and Sarah Richardson. I am obsessed with blue these days and these two rooms just nailed it.
|images via Mary McDonald / Sarah Richardson Design|
On top of having a beautiful bedroom, here are a few additional keys to ensure a good 7 to 9 hours of rest:
- quiet mind & relaxed body
- associate your bed with sleep + disconnect other duties from bedroom (i.e. don't work on your computer in bed) ~ I am guilty on this one!
- get up and do something if you can't fall asleep
- keep the bedroom dark, quiet, with big comfy bed, fresh air from windows, and set temperature between 16C to 18C
The bottom line is, if you have trouble sleeping but you do sleep well while on vacation (which I do ALL the time), then you don't have a sleeping problem. It is your lifestyle or routine you have to change to get a good night sleep.
Do you sleep well?
Do you sleep well?
While at Elte, I took a quick look around and see what caught my eyes this time. Here are a few of my favourite vignettes during this visit. Gold mirror, decadent dresser, and effortless elegance dining room: #LOVE!
Now down to my favourite individual items: the bookends are to die for. Well, so is this sensational chandelier, these boxes for sleek storage with an industrial vibe, and hello side table. You know I am on a hunt for a side table for #ProjectChris right?
I also headed to the kids section and I think I have found my perfect decor for Easter 2014! These pom-poms and the bunny lamp are on sale now. Check them out before they are gone!
Of course I wouldn't just send you out shopping. Here is your chance to win $100 to spend at ELTE. All you need to do is to leave me a comment to let me know which of the above sleeping tips would you incorporate in your bedroom/ routine to achieve a good night sleep. Yes, it's that simple! Winner will be randomly selected on March 7th!