Saturday, February 1, 2014

IDS 2014 ~ New Talents, Para Paints, ARD, Brizo & More ...

Hello Saturary! Sorry I am a bit behind schedule due to an impromptu early visit to Waterloo today.  Glad I did though because we have ordered countertop, tiles for backsplash, a few fabulous scores at HomeSense, and I have found the most perfect door for #ProjectChris.  

Back to today's program.  We are taking a final look at IDS 2014 and visiting some of the most innovative creations at the show.  Studio North & Proto Type is the place to spot hot talents with one-off or custom creations.  I have always admired the passions and energies of these designers and I loved what I saw this year!


Simplicity and pure are the two words that came to my mind as I checked out the booth of Jonathan Sabine & Jessica Nakanishi.  The appreciation of natural wood and its intricate partnership with the skillfully crafted metal companions had me wanted more.  These two light fixtures … such showstoppers, statement pieces!  I will have to work them into my own home somehow!  


The juxtaposition between wood and metal seems to be catching my eyes this year.  The National Design Collective has added an extra element to the mix: yellow!  I am banana crazy about all things geometric these days.  The Urban Hive and these wooden facet clocks are just so much fun!  


I have also met a very talented designer from Montreal, Loic Bard, and fell in love with his devotion to natural wood + the contemporary design aesthetic of his creations.  The coffee table, the floating shelves, the pendants … I could easily see them in my own home.  Love the little opening for books/magazines and of course the colourful power cords!  


Here is an interview with Loic.  Check it out! 


I called booth SN20 at IDS 2014 the "French Quarter", as all the designers are from Quebec and their designs are practical and super chic! Take the coat rack and these cork trivets for example.  I think their simplistic, practical approach from the selection of materials to the execution of the products have accentuated the design quality.  After all, it's the design that caught my eyes, not the use of exotic materials or bold colours.  I am crazy about the origami trivets with all the different configurations!      


Para Paints is a big sponsor at IDS 2014 and they are also very supportive of bloggers with their projects.  All the paints at #ProjectChris is provided by Para Paints and I am just loving the quality and coverage of their paints!  Here is how Para Paints helped Pam with her feature wall makeover and let's meet BlogCrew 2014!  The Para Paints booth at IDS 2014 has a futuristic vibe and the full height panels are designed to showcase the hottest colours of the year.  What a clever way to help folks to visualize how the colours would look at their home!   

A couple more colours to go into #ProjectChris and I can't wait to see them up! Thanks Para Paints! For more inspirations, be sure to follow Para Paints on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter!

lower right image via elliven studio
Andrew Richard Designs always put on a fun party and is the ultimate lounge to chill, relax, catch up with friends, and to rest those tired feet after hours of walking at IDS.  I am loving the vibrant raspberry red and gun metal grey on the Prague collection.  The intricate weave in Solartex and the durable (yet super soft) Sunbrella cushions are just the perfect combination for Spring/Summer 2014!  If you are planning to decorate your outdoor space (I am for #ProjectChris), you have got to check out Andrew Richard Designs.   

lower left image via elliven studio
Delta Faucet Canada also had an eye-catchy booth with their water-colour wall murals and dramatic wallpaper installations.  Their brand new collection, Delta, covers a full range of products from vanity faucet, tub filler, to bathroom accessories.  Be sure to check it out.  If bold, urban, cosmopolitan isn't the right look for you, how about the organic collection by Axor Starck for Hansgrohe? Love the contrast between the concrete wall, the matte white smooth finish on the tub, and the use of natural wood via vanity and the mirror.  #Harmony! 


Caesarstone always put on a good show at IDS and this year, they have incorporated their materials into various applications to illustrate the versatility of their products.  From kitchen, bathroom, to home office, mini aquarium, and even a ping-pong table,  Caesarstone does it all.  Fun isn't it? 

Want to see how all these fun creations came about? Check this out! 


Urban Barn hit the right notes with a "California Dream" theme to cheer us up in the midst of winter storm.  I am loving the mix of blue and white for a summer, beachside look.  The sunset and the palm trees mural just made me want to hop on the plane and fly down south!  Buh bye good old winter!


Before I wrap up my round-ups of IDS 2014, here are a few more amazing spots I heart.  Tony Koukos  showcased the wide range of products from wallpaper, rug, to lampshade and photography, all developed from photos he took from around the world.  The optical illusion on walnut table by Jamie Sajdak at Nomo Creations had both Chris and I at Hello! 

The beautiful tiles from the vintage series at Mettro is ideal to introduce old world charm back into our urban home, while Nieuw takes home organization and furnishings to an ultra modern level.  For an eye-catchy statement with lighting, I just loved the series of blown glass pendants in amber, silver, bronze, and white from AM Studios.          


Thanks so much for joining me for a week long IDS 2014 high lights! It has been such a blast and thanks Artscom for inviting me to the Party! See you next year IDS!  XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a blast at IDS 2014. ProjectChris is looking good. Happy CNY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the carpet in south pointe zone.

    ReplyDelete