Friday, January 10, 2014

Store Alert ~ Bolia

Happy Friday! Sorry for the slightly irregular schedule for this week friends.  It has been challenging to set my Europe body clock back to Toronto time, kick start the new year at work, and prioritize/ coordinate critical elements to move #ProjectChris forward.  Figuring out the logistics + finding reliable trades in a different city: not so easy!  So if you know of a fantastic handyman in the Waterloo/ Kitchener area available for a simple renovation, please do let me know!

Now back to the fun stuff.  As the main furniture pieces, lighting fixtures (via Christine at 219 Shop), faucets (via Brizo Canada), and wall colours (via Para Paints) have been decided/ ordered/ received, the styling obsessed side of my brain is constantly searching for inspirations to create the perfect vignettes at #ProjectChris.  While travelling in Europe, I visited a few fabulous stores and they all have their unique disign aesthetics I would love to incorporate at the project.  I will share with you all a store per week in the month of January and for today, we are shopping at Bolia.


The looks at Bolia are bold, eclectic, and unexpected.  My eyes were captivated by all the artful vignettes the moment I walked into the store.  The very first thing that caught my eyes was the green living wall to showcase the company's name.  The crisp white letters pop right out against the lush, vivid green backdrop: very clever display for first impression!


And I wasn't kidding when I said the look is bold.  Check out this absolutely striking living room! The low, streamline sofa, the pops of radiating neon yellow as accents, and HELLO wall art!  It is graphic, it is daring, and it is definitely an idea I need to incorporate at #ProjectChris!


The bamboo installation at the ceiling is yet another fine example to demonstrates simple materials also speak volume with creative vision and precise execution.  Lacking space for a home office? Here is how a small corner live large with a carefully curated collection that screams industrial cool! I love the simple metal grid as bulletin board and the use of wood to add warmth to this moody, masculine office. 

  
A few steps away from this sleek, contemporary corner is the secret passage to a romantic lounge/ dining space.  Light coloured wood, white furnishings and accessories, crystal chandelier, and pale pink accents complete this cozy, whimsical, glamorous look.  My absolute favourites have got to be the flurry bench and the series of rose gold pendants at the staircase.  Too bad I don't have a staircase at #ProjectChris.  I will for sure attempt this idea at my next house! 


Here comes the spot I love the most at Bolia and I am calling it "Refined Rustic + Scandinavian Chic". A muted mossy green tailored sofa serves as the backbone and sets the tone for this look.  Adding in natural elements such as the walnut floating shelves, mid-century inspired coffee table and credenza, and a couple of country cabin favourites, antlers and reindeer hide, to create layers, contrasts, visual interests.  The pops of black and an intense shot of yellow demand your immediate attention.  And I love the use of the hunter green rain boots as accessory in the vignette + a wooden cuckoo clock: practical and fun! 


This Scandinavian chic foyer vignette is adjacent from the Refined Rustic living room.  In today's open concept living, I can totally visualize how these two vignettes could live happily ever after right at my own home.  The subtle yet impactful wallpaper, the sleek bench with tapered legs and removable seat cushions, simple yet functional freestanding shelving unit, and of course I so wanted to bring this hexagon mirror home!


While the mirror might be a bit challenging to carry around given I still had to travel to Barcelona and Paris after my first stop at Munich (I may just look into possible shipping options), one of these adorable fellas in matte white did make it all the way home with me … and it is my birthday present from Chris! #LOVE.


So what do you think? Pretty fun and inspiring store right? Check out Bolia in person when you are in Europe or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest ideas.

2 comments:

  1. I am a Bolia fan already and happy you enjoyed the shop visit here in Munich:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am so jealous!! looking forward to Bolia adding shipping to Canada soon!

      Delete