Friday, January 17, 2014

HomeSense ~ January 2014 Edition

Hello Friday! Are you all glad that the weekend is only a few short hours away? Although it hasn't been hectic crazy at work since the holiday, my cough is definitely making work challenging at times.  It also didn't help when my mind is constantly wondering over to #ProjectChris.  

A couple of good new on #ProjectChris.  We have narrowed down our electrician, plumber, wallpaper hanger (so important … especially when crazy me want wallpaper in all rooms), the fabulous lightings we ordered have arrived (thanks Christine of 219 Shop, I will be unwrapping them tonight!), and the first coat of paint is ready to go on the walls this weekend (Thanks Sara and Deb for Para Paints!!).  

With a few of these details organized, I actually managed to squeeze out some time for my favourite activity: shopping at HomeSense.  I most certainly had a fantastic time and check out all the fabulous furniture and accessories I've found at two quick stops! I am grouped them into two boards (just to make it more fun) and up first is Coastal Retreat.

I like to think of this as my beach house at The Hamptons.  It is relaxed, inviting, and yet stylish and sophisticated.  The jumping off point here is the diamond tufted sofa in a serene shade of pastel blue … need I say more? I am pairing it with a pair of these driftwood inspired side tables + porthole mirrors.  The ribbon details on this pillow just had me at hello.  I am also loving the black accents on the sofa and mirrors, so I am adding a pair of these fun stools (a perfect candidate for some DIY upholstering fun if you want to change up the fabric) and isn't this graphic runner just perfect for the look? I didn't look for lighting (how did I forget?!) and so I am bringing in one of my favourites from Jamie Alexander Design.


I was also attracted by the many shades of whites and silvery greys during my visits.  The tufted upholstered ottoman also made it home with me for #ProjectChris, but then we already have a coffee table and I don't want the German screaming at me again for embracing my shopping addiction.  So Warden & Eglinton location my friends if you want to pick it up.

I am also craving all things metal lately.  Faux bamboo hexagon side table and large decadent round mirror, I am trying so hard to find a spot for you at home.  These cut velvet pillows are divine and at $39.99 a piece, they are definitely a steal!


A curved back sofa for the ladies and I am seriously considering that side table with three drawers.  I will probably have it sprayed a different colours … but Chris did say my current bedside table option is slightly too big for his liking.  Hm…


Here comes the best part.  So I am in love with Tommy's home featured in the December Issue of House & Home, and I am also planning to use a grey grass cloth wallpaper in the bedroom.  In Tommy's bedroom, he has custom designed this gorgeous headboard in creamy + nailhead detail ... and look what I found at HomeSense!! Sorry the wrapping might have made it hard to see, but it is the same shape as Tommy's headboard!  #Tempting! 

Room and Tommy images via House & Home
So what have your found lately at HomeSense? Please drop me a line … I would love to know!

3 comments:

  1. Tim! Do you happen to remember how much that light blue sofa was? I don't have anyway to pick it up lol but I can't get it out of my head. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the tufting makes my heart go pitter patter...that and the gold goodness:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! What homesense location was it?

    ReplyDelete