Monday, December 9, 2013

Weekend Fun ~ 12.08.2013

Hello Monday! How was your weekend friends? I have been busy again on #ProjectChris after our closing on Friday.  Trying out furniture pieces, mapping out the final layout, discussing whether to re-do the brand new kitchen or not … all sort of fun stuff.  Prior to my departure from Toronto, I had a fabulous time at West Elm for the Chatelaine's holiday party seeing Jen, Lindsay, Debra, and Amy.  I had fully enjoyed a few delicious bubbly drinks and the super yummy freshly baked cookies, and catching up with friends.  I am crazy about animal friends lately, and this elegant deer lady had me at hello!  Framing as art? 

Speaking about art, did you check out the annual Alanna's sale? I managed to sneak in to spy on her holiday decor + scored a couple more prints for #ProjectChris.  Thanks Alanna for a wonderful time, and Chris is crazy about the Chanel No. 5!  


A couple of new purchases over the weekend.  This cute as a button cuckoo clock is 50% off at Suite22.  The little birdie will come out to sing me a song every hour and I simply need one at #ProjectChris.  This chic zebra print by Miss Poppy Design also stole my heart.  A gold version is heading my way as we speak!

Chris and I also had to return a few items at HomeSense.  Of course I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to take a look at my favourite HomeSense in Waterloo.   This faux bamboo number came home with me, and Chris' reaction: not too sure.

images via Clock / Zebra Print
Now that we've got the keys, it is time to take the layout from paper to the actual space.  The striking black & white rug is a sure win and it works amazingly in the space.  I have collected a couple of rugs over time and I thought one would be great for the den.  Well … it was a little too big for the space and I am hoping Neil could work a little miracle and find this pear green handsome in 4 x 6.  

As one rug is a little big, another one is a little small.  This Andalusia wool Dhurrie in Horizon received a yes from Chris.  A 5' x 8' or 6' x 9' may do the trick.

rug images via West Elm
Our first real task for this weekend was to set up the bed from IKEA and to try out this faux bamboo side table for size.  It took us a whole afternoon to put the bed together and it is still not entirely done.  We better leave that to the pro next time.  Oh and so this is the chevron rug that's a touch small.  Well … we will see if it works.    


Time for me to head back to Toronto but before I start the car, I would like to invite you all to join me and the editors of Style at Home for a chat on holiday decoration and entertaining ideas.  I am sure we are all ready to be inspired.  See you all on Wednesday! 

image via Style at Home


No comments:

Post a Comment