Friday, December 20, 2013

Special Guest: DIY Holiday Decor w/ Rambling Renovators

Hello Friday! How are you all in Toronto + inches of white fluffy flakes?  I have been wishing for a white Christmas for years and of course it happens on a year when I am away from home! Though if you have been following me on Instagram, you know I really can't complain with what Munich and Barcelona have to offer.

I will give you guys a little sneak peek of my trip next week but today, we are decorating for Christmas, DIY style.  Jen of Rambling Renovators is indeed a hands-on girl with brilliant ideas, exquisite taste, and the skills of a true master.  Take a peek into her project gallery and you will be amazed and definitely be inspired for a project or two at your own home.  My personal favs: how to panelled wall and whitewash technique.   

For this holiday season, Jen has put together her top 5 DIY decor ideas for us.  If you are looking to add a touch of handcrafted originality to your Christmas decoration, this is the post you have been waiting for!  Enjoy!

images via Rambling Renovators

**********************

Hello Design Maze friends! I'm happy to be sharing my love for all things Christmas while Tim is off on his European vacation. Since I'm an avid DIYer, I thought I would share with you my Top 5 DIY Holiday Decorations. These projects are quick, easy, and oh-so-cute. There's still time to break out your glue gun and try a few of these for your home!

1. Mason Jar Snowglobes
source

There are hundreds of tutorials out there (here's one) on how to create these petite dioramas. What I love is how versatile this craft is... use mason jars, spaghetti sauce jars, or whatever you have in your recycle bin; fill it with trees or miniature deer, add water or not. You can personalize the contents and tie a ribbon around the jar neck to make a sweet little gift for giving.

2. Tissue Paper Fringe Banner

source

This is one decoration which will last you right through New Years. Tissue paper comes in so many colours that you won't have a problem finding one to fit your decorating scheme. This tutorial is easy to follow if you want to make your own banner. I'd top it with letters cut out of glitter paper to make it truly festive.

3. Washi Tape Card

source
I have an abundance of washi tape in my craft drawer and this is one adorable way to make use of it. Take tapes of varying widths and patterns to make stacked presents - so simple!

4. Joy To The World Chalkboard


I'm a bit biased because this is a project that I created. I've had a long love affair with chalkboards and this idea adds a new dimension to it (literally!). I like to use chalk ink markers to get the writing neat and crisp.

5. Indoor Snowball



I was completely fooled when I saw this realistic looking snowball. These would be such a fun addition to our holiday decor (though I'm sure my daughter would probably steal all the snowballs and stockpile them in her bedroom!). Find the full tutorial here.

Are you DIYing for the holidays? I'd love to hear about your tried and true holiday crafts!

**********************

Fun right? I'm crazy about the tissue paper banner and that washi tape card, adorable! Hope you will try a few of these ideas this holiday season and I would love to know how your DIY projects turn out!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment