Monday, December 23, 2013

My Place ~ 2013 Holiday Edition

Hello Monday! I hope you all had a fantastic time with the majestic (yet treacherous) iceland in Toronto and you know what, Christmas is just around the corner!  Life is good here on #EuropeTrip: magnificent architectural wonders, festive holiday celebrations with Christmas markets everywhere, delicious tapas and local specialities had us busy eating all day long.

Chris and I are now back to Germany for a bit of family time and we will be off to Paris prior to heading back in Toronto.  This is my first visit to Paris and I am super excited about all the tourist traps! The Louvre, Montmartre, Arc de Triomphe, Versailles, and of course the Eiffel Tower, are high on my "Must-See" list.

#EuropeTrip had me waited for more than 13 months (from planning to the day I sat on the plane).  Knowing that I will be spending Christmas in Europe this year,  I didn't go all out with my holiday decoration at home.  However, after meeting the sparkly and chic Eiffel Tower at the Home Depot fall preview, I was determined to welcome Paris to my home before our first date on New Year's eve.  Inspired by the City of Light + all things romantic, I am delighted to share with you all my home for Christmas 2013.


If what the real estate agents say is true, your guests have decided whether they like your home or not within 30 seconds upon arrival.  For Christmas 2013, I am telling a delicate, romantic, and festive story in my foyer: a little preview to the rest of the space.  The intricate yet dramatic playoff between the rich blue walls and the delicate ranunculus in various shades of blush, the bright and graphic orchid's blooms, and of course an unexpected shock of emerald green Malachite stone as accent from Tonic Living … I HEART them all.  


Welcome to my living room! For this holiday season, I've added this exquisite pillow with fabric by Mary McDonald for Schumacher, a super glam gold and cream pillow with a mosaic motif from HomeSense, and a couple of gorgeous accessories from Indigo.  That lily is an absolute stunner and it is so fragrant.  If you like lily, I highly recommend this beauty.   


I wasn't kidding when I say I want a romantic Christams in Paris right at home.  The magnificent Eiffel Tower from Home Depot, the hot pink gifts from Kate Spades (spotted at HomeSense) with super chic herringbone ribbon from Penny Paper Co, the onyx decorative box (my new fav from Vintage Fine Objects), and my silvery gold birdies (thanks Tim of Beresford for bringing them to life), all contributes to a festive, decadent, and serene living room.  


The fireplace wall has always been my favourite and for this holiday season, I have decided to go simple with my fireplace mantel decoration with a single berry branch for a hint of pale pink to accentuate the DIY deer art and my adorable cuckoo clock.


From hot pink to "Radiant Orchid", I have taken this sumptuous, luxe purple as accent in my dining room.  I love the intensity and boldness of the colour and its dramatic juxtaposition against organic white and porcelain blue.  The space is fresh, inviting, and it is ready for an intimate dinner party.


My bedroom remains calm and sensual over this holiday season.  For a touch of luxe and festive spirit, I have added a pair of black sequin pillows, the beautiful navy fleur chinoise pillow from Caitlin Wilson Textiles, the YSL Leopard Loafers print from the Aestate, the super soft faux fur throw from Black Rooster, and hints of gold throughout.  Of course I am also loving my new print by Alanna Cavanagh.  


A couple of my favourite blooms in my bedroom … so sweet! 


Back to more Christmas Markets in Germany now.  I wish you all a fabulous time with friends and family this holiday season! 

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tim! I love the last set of four photos. The vignettes are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Tim! Have fun on your trip!
    Warren

    ReplyDelete