Monday, December 30, 2013

Celebrate New Year's Eve w/ Paloform, Elte & EQ3

Happy Monday! How was your weekend friends? I had a rather busy schedule with my own birthday on Friday and grandfather's 85th birthday on Sunday: I am still working hard to digest all the delicious meals + cakes!  Celebrating Christmas in Europe has been absolutely fabulous, and I think I am hooked for more family time in Deutschland!

Chris and I are set to land in Paris just in time for new year's eve.  His sister has decided to join us to welcome 2014 in Paris (what a pleasant surprise) and we will get to celebrate her birthday on January 2nd!  Bring on the sweet treats :)

While some of you might have mapped out this special evening for months, other last minute folks (me included) would probably not be able to make a reservation at any restaurant in town.  So I'd say: why not take the pressure off from finding a table at a so-so spot when the perfect place to cheer 2014 is right at home?      

images via 1 / 2 / 3 
For new year's eve 2014, I've put together my dream party room with all the goodies from Paloform, EQ3, and ELTE … just to spice things up a little.

images via 1 / 2
Contemporary sophistication with a hint of Mad Men cool + Hollywood glam is what I have in mind.       My jumping off point is this super modern, streamlined fireplace from Paloform.  Paired with large scale rectangular hand-casted concrete tiles in Nougat and Charcoal, this focal point is sleek, crisp, and SEXY!  Entirely made locally just west of Toronto, the Paloform fireplace is definitely high on my green-design list.  I may need to work on into #ProjectChris!    

To play up the mid-century vibes, I am taking a pair of these tub chairs in black leather with stainless steel base, an edgy coffee table in high gloss noir, and a modern interpretation of the timeless herringbone via the blue hide rug.  I have also selected a pair of cylindrical wooden side tables with the stainless steel detail to echo the chairs and to add warmth to the space.  For bling and sparkle, nothing beats this exquisite chandelier for the touch of glam I am after.        

Tasty treats and fab signature drinks are my favourites at parties.  Here is a fondue set and a punch bowl + ladle combo from EQ3 that are easy to the eye and they are absolutely practical.  To finish off the look, I am adding a splash of modern cool with these black & white graphic Marimekko plates, a few black & gold hurricane lanterns, and a couple dozens of dark purple calla lilies.  

images via fireplace / chandelier / chairs / side tables / coffee table / vases / plate / rug / punch bowl / fondue set / flowers / balloons
So what is your plan for NYE 2014? I hope this post inspires you to host a fun-filled NYE party at home this year!  It is time for me to start packing up my bags for Paris now … tough job ... I know! 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment