Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekend Fun ~ 11.03.2013

Hello Monday! What a crazy busy weekend and Chris has done it again: switching the game plan in the living room, the bedroom, and the den.  These are all good changes and we now have the major pieces are locked in, after experimenting a couple different furniture layouts for better use of space at #ProjectChris.  Wallpaper choices for each room are also decided (well ... more like dictated by me).


The foyer is where you greet your guests, a place where you set the tone/ design direction for the rest of your home.  It was a walk in the park when I was decorating my foyer.  It is a rather different story at #ProjectChris, especially when Chris and I have distinct likes and dislikes.  He gravitates more toward colors and modern elements, while I prefer classic sophistication with a twist.  So here is what I come with up for Chris' (+ Tim's) Foyer.

The jumping off point is this graphic wallpaper from Vivenne Westwood that Chris loves ... I am so glad! I love this console from West Elm for its creamy white geometric drawer fronts and sleek gold leaf base (not to mention the added storage).  A couple of traditional elements with an edgy twist such as this classy flush mount in natural brass and royal blue with gold specks mirror, both available at 219.  I also want a stylish + comfy stool to sit on while putting on my shoes. The Thomas stool with sharp animal fun from Sarah Richardson Design is perfect for the task.

Speaking about shoes, this lovely Brogue print I made with Alanna last winter is most certainly stealing the spotlight in this foyer!

image via 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6
This Den presents quite a space challenge.  Chris wants an office with a large desk + lots of storage, while my goal is to ensure the space could easily be used as a dining room for entertaining or resale in the future.  The jumping off point here is this adorable birdie wallpaper, yet again hand picked by Chris.  I have loved this paper for a long time and of course I went for it when the German gave me a green light.  Chris also wants a live edge dining table ...  it will be a large ticket item.  

As for my input, I definitely want a chandelier and the Meurice chandelier by Jonathan Adler hits all the right notes: the modern interpretation of faux bamboo is certainly fab, and the variation in placement of light bulbs remind me of the twinkle stars!  Speaking about faux bamboo, this handsome cabinet from Vintage Fine Objects is absolutely dreamy and I would love to have it sitting in the "nook".        

To max out on seating capacity, I am planning to build a bench inspired by my dear friend Lindsay, pairing with a couple of the Nik Chairs by Sarah.  A luxe lilac silk velvet for bench cushion and a hit of graphic fun in cream + green rug to ground the space.  My work here is done!

images via 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7/ 8
The bathroom is small and currently has a less than ideal "cheater ensuite" door taking up valuable wall space.  The friendly builder is going to take out the door and give us a blank canvas to have fun with.  The jumping off point in this bathroom beautification is the sexy Jason Wu faucet from Brizo.  If you have been following me for awhile, you know I love this faucet (here and here).  So happy that I finally have a chance to build a bathroom around it!  The builder vanity is here to stay, but I think we will swap out the current sink for an under-mount one by Kohler from the Home Depot + Frosty Carrina from Caesar Stone + a pair of these sleek, contemporary knobs I spotted at Jen's home.

To play up the mod matte black and white palette, I am dreaming of a pair of these art deco inspired wall sconces from Visual Comfort  and this tall horn mirror (both available via 219).  Bringing in a touch of nature (Chris loves the great outdoor), I am adding these mini pine trees to all walls.  This super chic London Skyline shower curtain from Blissliving Home is exactly what I need to introduce the black + white scheme into the tub area.  White subway tiles are installed already ... we will see if a set of sleek Jason Wu tub shower system can happen.  Fingers crossed!  

images via 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7/ 8
One thing I've learned so far at #ProjectChris is that Chris needs to see it before he believes it.  I could tell him my visions, show him inspirations and images, but he wouldn't firmly sign off on the ideas until he sees them in action.  After a few late night debates on design solutions, I decided to take him to visit Lindsay at LittleHouse Blog for a 3-D, real life illustration.  If you are looking for inspirations for home improvement, you have got to check out Lindsay's bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, DIY bench.  Thanks Lindsay! XO


Armed with excitements and fresh new ideas, we went to the Home Depot to check out materials available.  With Chris' change request in the living room to incorporate a home office possibility had me sketched up a built-in idea with kitchen cabinets.  The super friendly and knowledgable Ana (Waterloo location) gave me a print out with all the pieces I need and a quote.  Do you know that there is a rebate program for kitchen cabinet at the Home Depot?  If I go for Maidstone cabinet from the Martha Stewart Collection, I could save up to $800!  

The Martha cabinet is special order and also 4 times the price compare to the in-stock Manchester by Fabritec.  But I like the quality of the Martha collection better and it comes in this beautiful warm grey colorway.  Tough debate with the money man I foresee!    


It's time to head out on this bright sunny Monday.  Hope you had fun on the weekend and I will see you all on Wednesday friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment