Friday, November 1, 2013

DesignMaze on Steven and Chris

Hello Friday! How was your Halloween outing last night?  I spied lots of super adorable outfits via Instagram, and Christine, Sarah, Chrstine, Jen, and Lindsay, I love your pics!!  I have a party tonight and hope I still fit in my 1820s gentleman outfit.

Back to the modern days, I am super excited to share with you my segment on Steven and Chris.  It was definitely a mind-blowing experience.  I had a lot of fun refreshing my place with a few finishing touches (i.e. the gorgeous pillow from Caitlin Wilson Textiles, decorative box from Vintage Fine Objects), and it was nerve-racking to talk design in front of a camera.  Thanks to the magic of editing, my segment turned out great and I couldn't be happier!


For the living room, I went for a delicate, romantic look with a few pink accents, silvery gold birdies for a hint of chinoiserie chic, and a sense of luxe and decadence with the agate coasters in royal blue + vintage onyx box.


The dining room received a quick refresh thanks to my new blue & white bowl (which I've turned into a planter) to house the elegant orchids in a vibrant fuchsia.  One bloom fell off while I put the arrangement together, so I used this exquisite crystal votive candle holder from the Gluckstein Home collection as a mini vase.


I have also switched things up a little in the bedroom.  My new drapes from Tonic Living are absolutely divine.  The fabric is called "Peaceful Temple", can it be more ideal for a restful retreat?  The handsome suit print from Alanna Cavanagh stands tall and proud on the main gallery wall.

For an extra shot of glam, I added this super soft and luxe faux fur in "Granite Fox" from Black Roaster Decor and the stunning Navy Fleur Chinoise pillow from Caitlin Wilson Textiles. Thank You so much for the amazing goodies ladies!


A little behind the scene fun with Mary hard at work and a quick note on how I strike a fine balance between masculine and feminine design elements.  Men are a lot more sophisticated and refined in the fashion world these days, and jaw-dropping animal prints are no longer only for the ladies.  This sensational YSL Leopard Loafers watercolor print from The Aestate is the perfect example of the cross-over for the confident, fashionable gents.


The show also gave me a spontaneous task during the house tour shoot: redecorate my living room with items already in my house!  From fresh + light to glam + edgy, I really didn't have to leave my house to complete this challenge.  FUN!


I also went in-studio to chat with Steven and Chris.  I love their first show "Designer Guys" and their episodes inspired my first decorating project: my bedroom at my parents' house!  So it is definitely a dream comes true to be featured on their show and chatted with them live on TV.

My segment was aired on Wednesday.  If you have missed it, here is you chance to catch it.

image via Steven and Chris
Thanks so much for this amazingly fun experience ... and I would love to do it again!

image via Steven and Chris

17 comments:

  1. I did see it! Way to go you, the challenge was awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dharma! It was a fun challenge and who knew I could just shop right at home!

      Delete
  2. Loved the segment & your eclectic decorating style. Makes for an interesting abode. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shonie! Glad you like the segment and my condo! xo

      Delete
  3. Amazing! I had to sit through 6 commercials to get to your video segment but it was totally worth it. Congrats Tim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I am trying to upload one just for my segment but couldn't figure out how yet. ... will have to get Chris to look into it!

      Delete
  4. Ah how did I miss this?! I am off to watch the clip now. As always, your home looks stunning. And didn't my little superhero look cute?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I have been busy poking around your blog to get wall decal ideas. One is probably going into the bathroom #ProjectChris!

      Delete
  5. your place is stunning, Tim! I love everything you've done to the place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just watched the whole segment over on YouTube - I LOVED it! The reindeer hide overlaid on the main floor rug is such a great way to make it extra cosy. Plus, you were really natural on camera; they should hire you for a full-time segment! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww .... thanks Will! You always do such fab jobs in front of camera ... I will need to get some tips from you! xo

      Delete
  7. oh my gosh! You did such a great job Tim! I agree with Will you were a natural!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine! I was so nervous ... but thanks to the magic of editing, my segment turned out fantastic! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Congrats on being on Steven + Chris! So proud to be a fellow blogger :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just caught your segment. You were so awesome! The place looked amazing as usual.

    ReplyDelete