Friday, October 4, 2013

Fall / Winter 2013 Preview ~ The Hudson's Bay Edition

Happy Friday! Well it is official: we are in October! Although I am actually super happy about this Indian summer we've had over the past few days, I am ready to start peeking into Fall / Winter decoration.  I will spare you from Holiday decorations until next month but for today, I would like to share with you my favourite items at The Hudson's Bay Fall/ Winter Preview.


I of course have to kick start our tour with the HBC Collection.  I love HBC's signature stripes.  It's crisp, fresh, and it is such a timeless classic.  From coats / scarfs to pillows / tree ornaments, these are the stripes we Canadian love! Well ... I know a witty Brit who also digs the stripes,  right Mr. Will of Bright Bazaar?  


Here are a few items I am adding to my wish list for Christmas + Birthday this year:  super chic pillows and comfy ottoman dressed in stripes, snow globe with Mrs. Santa in striped coat, and stylish teddy with a striped bow tie! Cute right?


I know I said I won't show you Christmas decoration yet ... but Classic Whimsy and Arctic Charm are just too adorable not to share right now.  I love the jewel-tone ornaments, the vintage inspired dinnerware for the holidays, some festive and chic table linens, and of course the delightful little deer.  And if you are going for a high contrast, contemporary and monochromatic look, you have got to check out these stylish ornaments in grey, white, and silver.    


To celebrate the 10th Anniversary of GlucksteinHome, Brian has put together a stunning collection full of architectural influences and I honestly want them all in my house!  From pillows, dinnerware, serving pieces, to accent table and more, the collection reminds me of architectural designs from the glorious days of the Roman Empire, which to me is the perfect reference to resonate the remarkable achievement of GlucksteinHome.  The collection is sleek, elegance, and classic.  My personal favourite is this navy and white dinnerware set with greek key motifs + gold detail.         


If you are looking for a collection that's a little more casual, perhaps more so for young families with kids, Hudson's Bay has got you covered with these pure creamy white options, along with espresso sets in multi-hues.  


Kate Spade is back at Hudson's Bay for Fall / Winter 2013.  I just love the bold colors, the subtle use of bling (if there is such a thing as subtle glam), and how edgy these items look!  For the romantic at heart, I am sure you will love this beautiful polished chrome ornament with a bow.  The question is: what will you find inside the ornament on Christmas Day?    


Well ... what I want won't fit inside the Kate Spade's ornament, but I would be the happiest guy over the holidays if someone (Chris are you reading this?) puts this James Bond styled Pop Phone and this super stylish aroma diffuser / air humidifier under the tree this year! One-Stop Gift Shop ... this is what you all have to check out my friends.  


So have you started thinking about Fall / Winter 2013 decoration? What is your favourite items from the Hudson's Bay preview? Do tell!

Happy weekend friends!

3 comments:

  1. Great feature! Oh I want that polar bear ornament...so adorable! I love BG's anniversary architectural collection and have already bought the plates and the greek key mirror tray. http://www.amdolcevita.com/2013/09/hostess-gift.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are we going to see the new HBC Collection items in store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the collection will be available by the end of October. Some items are already in store!

      Delete