Monday, October 21, 2013

2013 Fall / Winter Preview ~ HomeSense Edition

Hello Monday! How was your weekend friends? It was a super productive one for me packed with picking up the Olivia sofa by Sarah Richardson for Chris (still can't believe he let me buy it before he finalizes the new place) and putting in an offer for a condo with real potential.  The negotiating process will happen over the next couple of days ... wish me luck!  

More on new condo fun and behind-the-scene scoops on my segment on Steven & Chris soon but for today, I want to take you to the stunning HomeSense showroom for a preview of the sensational must-haves this Fall / Winter.

Home decor trend is closely tied to what we see on the fashion runways and for this upcoming season, the sense of luxury and abundance of sparkles continue to influence our homes.  Welcome to this posh and cozy living space.


The visual team at HomeSense did an amazing job to showcase the spectacular mirror collection.  What a dramatic and impactful feature wall as backdrop to accentuate the curvaceous tufted sofa!  I also particularly like the grouping of mis-matched occasional tables.  The trick to pull this off is to make sure the pieces share a similar finish.  In this case, a gold leaf base is the common thread among all the occasional tables.

A few ideas I encourage you try at home this season:  


I have become a big fan of Mary McDonald thanks to Amy of Eye See Pretty for introducing me to Million Dollar Decorators.  To me, this incredibly sexy and stylish space curated by HomeSense captures many elements I love in Mary's design.  It is glam.  It is bold.  It is ravishingly chic!

The mod black & white palette sets the stage for the hugely dramatic space. The wallpaper, the gallery wall (love the trendy marble art), the graphic area rug, and I adore that pair of elegant and sexy table lamps!   The showstopper piece in the space for me is this grand sofa in lush navy velvet with tufting + brass nailhead details.  It is absolutely breathtaking and I simply can't get enough of it.

To bring the monochromatic color palette to life, shots of vivid turquoise, shimmery gold, and opulent emerald green are infused in the space.


My three takeaways for this look are:


Of course HomeSense has also put together a charming traditional look for those who love to decorate with red for the holiday.  The cozy blankets, the knitted pillows, the teddy bear, and the silver reindeer are all traditional holiday sweethearts.  The visual team has cleverly modernized this classic look with tailored furniture pieces with a mid-century sensibility and grounded the space with a graphic area rug.  I could totally see myself lounging on the comfy chair next to a wood burning fireplace and having a cup of hot coco on Christmas Day up at cottage country.  


Home office is a high priority (a close second after the kitchen) at Chris' new flat.  In a condo of 870 sq. ft, it is definitely a challenge to squeeze out a designated zone as work space only.  After having a mind-blowing conversation with Chris last night where he suggested to forego the living room in favour of a dream office, this delightful work heaven from HomeSense may just be the hero to my rescue.  Full wall of handsome built-in provide tons of storage on the left, a large desk surface (which could easily double as a dining table), a comfy and stylish chair, and an attractive inspiration board as back drop, I smell success in convincing my determined German at home!   


The holiday season is all about entertaining and having a blast with family and the best of friends.  Here is how HomeSense throw a whimsical + artful dining party with an eclectic mix of glam and handcrafted originalities.


For those without a spacious dining area, I am inspired by this open concept kitchen / entertaining central.  From special spices, delicious sweet treats, to sexy barware and extravagant chandelier, HomeSense has got you covered for this holiday season.

My favourites? The teardrop crystal chandelier and those delicate macarons!  


Thanks Sarah, Shane, and Tamara for inviting me to this fabulous party! With so many items I love, let's the hunt for the perfect items for the holiday begins!  What are your absolute must-have for Fall / Winter 2013 friends?


3 comments:

  1. wow! so much to love. I spy another Cozamia print! So excited for her! I can't wait for a few of these pieces to arrive at our store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic look at their current looks, Tim. I have to agree that the tufted velvet midnight navy couch is DIVINE!

    P.S. I love your striped top, naturally! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know right guys? The buying and visual team at HomeSense have done an amazing job to put together such fashion forward and trending collections. LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete