Friday, September 6, 2013

Tea with Sarah Richardson Contest + Top 10 Shops in Toronto @ BlogPodium

Hello Friday! Are you ladies and gents ready for a warm and sunny weekend?  I have been totally spoiled in Alberta and British Columbia on #OutWestVacay for the past couple of weeks ... getting back to reality wouldn't be easy and I am savouring every minute of this fantastic trip before Monday knocks on the door.

While on vacay, I had some fun put together my dream space for the "Tea with Sarah Richardson" contest on BlogPodium.  There are 28 inspiring entries for one of three incredible opportunities to visit Sarah at her office to chat about her brand new show "Real Potential", fabulous fabric collection with Kravet, and other fun projects Sarah has on the go!

image via BlogPodium
How could I pass up this opportunity right? So here is my dream space for the contest.  I know it maybe unusual to dress up a powder room for a tea party, but hear me out: 

Most people probably emphasize their reno/decorating priorities toward the living room, dining room, kitchen, and even the foyer before paying any attention to the powder room.  After all, the guest won't spend much time there, so it is fair enough that most folks direct their attention and budget toward the other entertaining centrals first. 

However, despite the short visits, your powder room is where you guest has the most quiet and personal, private moment.  This is the space where your guest can truly be wowed by your decor choices and details.  So I believe it should be every bit as sensational as the rest of your home.  

For this chapter of Dream Powder Room, I am going for a constant juxtaposition between light vs. dark, graphic modern vs timeless classic.  

images via 
My jumping-off point for this powder room is this glorious wallpaper, Davidia, from Obsorne & Little. It is such a mesmerizing modern interpretation of a traditional floral.  By having fun with scale, bold color, with a hit of metallic, this floral is an absolutely stunner: the exact drama I am looking to create in this showstopper powder room.  This paper will cover all the walls in my powder room.  

Another key element in the powder room is lighting and in this case, I selected Collection 28 from Bocci.  I love its sense of airiness, as well as the organic and whimsical sensibility of this fixture.  Best of all, it is totally customizable and the color combo here is bang on!  To complement the chandelier, our ceiling is also getting a makeover with the Coronata Star.  

Adding glamour and luxe with this horn mirror and a couple of doggie prints by Valerie Davide, all the walls are now covered, literally.  


Here comes the fun part: fixture and hardware.  To contrast the contemporary elements already in the room, I am going with this classic vanity from Restoration Hardware. The marble counter, the glass base with stain nickel accents, what more can I ask for? Top with a Purist widespread with double cross handles from Kohler, my vanity is D.O.N.E. 

I don't know about you but I was totally inspired by the tile carpet Sarah and Tommy installed in the powder room of Sarah's House 1.  This is my version with goodies from Saltillo.  A couple of sexy bathroom essentials from the Jason Wu Collection for Brizo and super soft towels from Kate Spade, I think we are ready to wrap this powder room up.


Contest aside, don't I have more shopping tips for your folks attending BlogPodium in a couple of weeks.  I have put together my Top 10  Must-See Stores in Toronto.  Check them out here!  

image via BlogPodium
Now I am ready to enjoy my last day on #OutWestVacay before jetting back home.
Happy weekend friends! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. so true about the powder room, love your board! good luck! Also loving your list of shops, I hope I have enough time to get to a few of them, especially West Elm since we don't have one here (and I've never been to one of their stores in person! gah! I know). The pillows at Chapters are ridiculously good, I need a few in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julie! I can't wait to meet you in person finally as well! xoxo

      Delete