Friday, September 27, 2013

Mini Makeover + Special Features

Hello Friday ... and you know what that means: the weekend is almost here!  The weather is looking nice and bright for the next couple of days, so Chris and I are planning a little hiking fun to breath in some fresh crisp air.  The last couple of weeks have been pretty hectic and I am looking forward to a quiet, relaxing weekend.  

Before I jet off to work, follows by boot camp at the gym, and an hour drive to Waterloo, I would like to share a couple of exciting features of Design Maze this week.  Remember I told you about the photo shoot at my place a few weeks back? The feature is now live on Houzz!  I love seeing my house through Jenn's lens and what an honour to claim the title "Patterns Mingle Spiritedly in a Toronto Condo".

image via houzz
Simone of Brooch the Subject also included my home on her blog.  In fact, she was the one who let me know the Houzz feature has gone live!  Thanks so much for your kind words and encouragement Simone! I am so glad that you like my home, and I hope it inspires you on your future projects.

image via brooch the style
Now that the Houzz feature is live, I can finally share with you a few pictures I took and the thought process of my mini makeover.  My neutral backdrop allows me to have fun with the 2013 Pantone color of the year: Emerald, and I decided to pair it with delicate pretty pink for a fresh, elegant look.  How did I do it? In the foyer, I asked Janine of Tonic Living to sew up a new dress with this luxe Malakos, Malachite by Dwell Studio.  A healthy dose of pale pink comes from these oh-so-fragence lily and beautiful orchid.  


Here is living room 2013, and I have paired my green & pink palette with hints of mint, navy, and grey.


The leading accent color in the living room is pink, and my jumping-off point is this pair of gorgeous pillows from Caitlin Wilson Textiles.  Inspired by Caitlin's Deco pillow, emerald green also gets a pillow on its own, and I have partnered it with a super fun leopard ribbon.  Meow!  


This is my favourite shot of living room 2013.  The patterns, the layers, the agate coasters from HomeSense (by the way, I am on the hunt for those ... let me know if you see them at HomeSense), and of course my super comfy Womb Chair in classic tomato red.


Want to take a peek into the dining room?  I love this sightline from my living room.   


I didn't change things up in the dinning room this year, but I did bring fuschia pink via fresh blooms into the room to echo the wallpaper.  The pierced covered jar and the antlers create a juxtaposition between delicateness and masculinity.     


The bedroom received a refreshing update with my new drapes.  This super chic chinoise fabric, Peaceful Temple in Porcelain, makes absolutely stunning drapes and that tassel trim on the edgy: HEART!  Thanks Janine!  

I have been hinting about my new art work from the talented Alanna Cavanagh for a while.  Well, here it is: Mr. Brooks Brothers Suit in ink.  Thanks Alanna!


This is kitchen 2013 and I have kept it clean and fresh with hits of navy accents.  The orchid echoes the gold flatware from West Elm.  The polka dot napkins add whimsy and tie in with the green accent from the foyer and living room.


This is my favourite shot of the kitchen.  I LOVE my new bag from the Hudson's Bay!  Mr. Will, do you want one?  


My view from the kitchen: Balcony 2013.  I added this screen with an intricate pattern (Thanks Amy of Eye See Pretty ... I snapped it up while she cleared out her storage) and styled up the coffee table.  What do you think?


Hope you've enjoyed the house tour and I hope you will use some of the ideas in your own home.  Now if you want to shop some of my favourite home decor items, I have put together a Tastemaker Collection at Arcadian Home


I named the collection: Contemporary Classic.  For a taste of the collection, I've dreamed up: White Beauty and Worldly Gentleman Delight.  I could totally use all these items in my own home.  What is your favourite?


A few items have already been sold out! Don't delay ... the sale ends Monday! And yes, Arcadian Home also ships to Canada.  YAY!

Happy shopping and enjoy the lovely weekend friends!
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Tim, you are so good at what you do! I love love love how you mix and match patterns! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I had lots of fun putting the place together! Moving onto the Holiday's look next!

      Delete
  2. Hi Tim, Just doing some Friday blog creeping and found my way to your site. Just wanted to say O-M-G! Your place is fab! Love your style! I didn't get to meet you at Blogpodium this year but hopefully next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 750sq ft never looks better! You have amazing design talent and eyes! Congrats on the features!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I love your large beautiful home too! so many custom designer touches!

      Delete
  4. Wow, Tim! Your home is amazing! Congratulations on all of your achievements. I so wish we had more time to chat at blog podium. So glad to have met you. I also love Caitlin Wilson Textiles and love using them in my designs. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! It was nice chatting with you at BlogPodium! Hope to see you again soon!

      Delete
  5. Bravo Tim, I love it all. That Brooks Brothers print by Alanna is SO PERFECT in your bedroom! xo

    ReplyDelete