Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fall Trend Report w/ Style at Home + Pottery Barn Special

Hello Wednesday! I am so glad that we are already mid-way through the week and you know what that means? Sarah's new show, Real Potentials, is on tomorrow at 9pm, and BlogPodium is only three more sleeps away! I am super excited about the inspiring design solutions Sarah came up with in each of the challenging spaces, and all the informative workshops at BlogPodium!

Speaking about inspirations, I attended the Style at Home Fall Trend event yesterday.  I had a fantastic time catching up with the lovely editors at Style at Home, and had truly enjoyed Erin's presentation on what's trending this fall.

Movies play an important role in many of our lives.  If you live in Toronto and with TIFF in town over the last two weeks, I bet you know exactly what I mean.  Whether you are into modern classics or period drama, the set designers of movies and TV series continue to spoil us with their sensational creations full of visual delights.  Downton Abbey, Great Gatsby, Mad Men, and It's Complicated: these are some of my absolute favourites that have me craving for more.

image via Style at Home 
For this Fall, Erin is trending the luxurious, grand decadent look of the Great Gatsby for its signature high gloss and metallic finishes, dramatic geometric patterns, and larger-than-life sense of scale.  Here is a grand hall with all things glam and exquisite right from Mr. Gatsby's home.

image via 1/ Style at Home
My love of metallic sheen and graphic patterns is apparent in my designs (see here, here, and here).  So it should be of no surprise to you all that I was mesmerized by this delicious dining room with the wallpaper with a golden scale motif and the Tom Dixon's pendants.

Another great movie of all times is "It's Complicated" by Nancy Meyers.  I don't know anyone who doesn't love this spacious, chef-worthy gourmet kitchen.

image via 1/ 2/ 3
Inspired by this cozy, beautiful baker kitchen, here is a version at Erin's own home for a modern country kitchen with an industrial flair.

image via Style at Home
These are just a couple of highlights from yesterday's trend talk.  Erin and the Style at Home Editors are hosting the second live twitter chat next Wednesday at 12pm to chat about how to take your style from summer to fall.  Don't miss out!

image via Style at Home
Continuing on Fall talk, I was also at the Pottery Barn for a preview and have picked up a few tips on how to transition our homes into autumn without breaking the bank.


We all have our fail proof classic dinnerware at home (i.e. the classic white).  This table setting came to life with a subtle hit of pumpkin to up the cozy factor.  Only have square table clothes at home? No problem!  Set them up diagonally for the biggest bang for your buck.   


To take this table scape up a notch, the design experts at PB added a little sparkles through the napkin rings & place card holders, a pair of antler candelabras, and check out these adorable salt & pepper set! Perfect for dinner party in the fall and all done in less than 5 minutes.


The house hunting mode is clearly stuck in my head and here is a gentleman living quarter I think Chris will approve.  Ultra comfy sofa, timeless classic wingback in luxe, smooth leather, and a pair of hide cross stools, what is not to love in this living space?  For the home office, I am crazy about this industrial style table lamp and the leather chair with a mid-century vibe.  A hit of zebra for a whimsical touch.

The key is to the fall trend at PB: every room needs a touch of leather! 


I love my bedroom to be cozy and restful, especially in winter when there's a blizzard outside my windows.  The PB team has done an amazing job to showcase how to create an inviting, relaxing, and luxurious master retreat with a muted palette.  The trick here is all about adding texture and layering to a stunning effect.  I want that chandelier and check out these silver boxes!!


So are you ready to dive into autumn? How do you transition your home from summer to fall? I would love to know! 

Happy Hump Day friends!

2 comments:

  1. Is there a way for those of us in the U.S. to see Sarah's new show? Maybe online somewhere??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the only place to see the rooms online will be HGTV.ca and I don't think people can access the videos outside of Canada. My US friends will have to come back here for the weekly recap for pictures and tips :)

      Delete