Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekend Fun ~ 08.25.2013

Hello Monday! Wasn't the weekend just absolutely gorgeous?  It was sunny, warm, and with a little breeze, just the kind of weather we need all year long!  A much needed rest before a couple of busy days with a photo shoot at home, packing my bags to Calgary & the Rockies for a week, and getting some last minute ordering done for #ProjectAvenueRoad.

One amazing store I visited is Fine Interiors by Susan.  Susan is such a fantastic and knowledgeable lady to work with.  Her shop offers a one-stop-shop experience for designers and home owners alike.  Fabrics, wallpapers, trims, curtain hardware, sewing, and upholstery, you can get it all done right at her store.  My mission was to hunt for a dark blue faux ostrich leather to upholster the seat of a pair of vintage faux bamboo chairs.  Hello Robert Allen and I can't wait to see you on the chairs!


BuskerFest was also in town, and what an amazing street party! My favourites were the fire show and the ladies for their beautiful aerial performances.  Were you at BuskerFest? Which performance was your favourite? 

right images via 
I was also busy preparing for a shoot before my mini vacy on Wednesday.  Here are a few sneak peeks just for you.  Those drapes from Tonic Living are stunning!  Thanks for making my dreams come true Janine & Shannon!

For more behind-the-scenes shots, follow me on instagram!


Styling (and house cleaning) aside, Chris and I spent our Sunday afternoon at High Park.  We picked up our refreshing drinks (mint & lime soda for me) and delicious cookies/ biscottis from Cafe Novo, visited the swan family (don't think I have ever seen a baby swan before), narrowed down to a floor plan for Chris to finally buy (I can only hope the place is still available), and wrapped up a beautiful day at Pizzeria Defina!  This pear and honey pizza was sooooooooo good!


Sorry for a short post today ... have to head back for a bit more tidy up before the shoot.  But before I go, we have a winner for the fab Marshalls giveaway! Congrats Glenn! Please email me here for your contact information and this basket filled with goodies will be on its way to you!


Happy Monday friends!

2 comments:

  1. I've been loving all your styling peeks on Instagram; the bedroom nook you posted was adorable! Oh, and I totally need to invest in that stripe tank!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loooove the styling peeks you've shared so far! can't wait to see the photos from the shoot!

    ReplyDelete