Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekend Fun ~ 08.17.2013

Hello Monday!  I honestly don't think 2 days are enough for us busy workforce to recharge after 5 days of modern slavery.  Chris and I did manage to get outdoor to enjoy the amazing weather and I had cleaned up the house a little in preparation of the shoot in a week time.  So excited.

Speaking about modern slavery, I watched "The Help" for the first time this weekend and what a powerful movie!  Bullyisum, classism, ignorance are words we must not forget and history shall never be repeated.  The courage and bravery from these ladies to break free from such close-minded society are truly inspiring.  If you haven't yet seen the movie, you have to.  I am now picking up the book for my upcoming trip to Calgary!  Yes, I am going on a mini vacay in about week time.       

image via The Help
On top of the movie, I also picked up a couple of magazines from the Newsstand this weekend: the Special Kitchens & Baths Issue by House & Home and Today's Parent.  Thanks Margot for introducing me to my dream marble sink (Chris we must get it) and Sarah for a sensational makeover with colors, patterns, and a whole lot of happiness!

images via House & Home / Today's Parent
This house cleaning activity also got me digging into my pillow closet (a.k.a. storage locker in the basement) and have found some pillow cases I am ready to part with.  You know what that means? I will be hosting a pillow/ fabric sale in September!  Still have to sort out how and where I would do it, but stay tuned friends.    

Out with the old (well ... that's the plan anyway) also means I am getting something new done up.  Here is the plan for another fun pillow you will see real soon!  Love your fabrics Tonic Living!


A beautiful weekend also translates to brunch with friends at patio and BBQ at rooftop garden.  French toast and bubbles: CHECKED!


Looking at floor plan and imagining its potentials has been my call of duty since Chris started house hunting.  Here is a possibility brought to my attention over the weekend.  Bumping out the bathroom for a tub and shower sensation, swapping the dining room and kitchen to maximize the amount of counter space and a more logical access to the upper floor, and extending the deck and turning an existing window in a walkout are just a few ideas I cooked up.  

A support beam, plumbing relocation, cutting up the exterior brick wall to create a walkout ... this is sounding more like a gut job already.  So no, Chris is not buying this one and the search continues.  


So how was your weekend friends? 

7 comments:

  1. Love that you have a pillow locker in the basement! So funny. I have to keep cushions stored in as many places as possible in our apartment because I'm forever finding new ones that I love! A pillow addict! Happy Monday! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! that's why I need to make some room for the new ones to come!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing, Tim! I have to pick up that House and Homes special feature. And, as usual, I can't wait to see your design plans. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I can't wait to see your big reveal on TV!! Keep me posted on airing time!

      Delete
  3. I picked the same ikat polka dot fabric in grey for upholstering a chair. Btw, you are the winner of the CC DeuxVie's pillow contest! I will email you shortly with the details. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! thanks Michelle!! you just made my day!

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend. You get to sample the most delicious food!
    Can't wait to see where that pillow is going.
    M

    ReplyDelete