Wednesday, August 7, 2013

HomeSense ~ August Edition

Happy Wednesday and I hope you all had a fabulous long weekend!  Chris and I were up north camping, and if you have been following me on instagram, you probably have seen a few pictures of #wildernesslove.  The full story on that to come next week, but what a blast!!

Being close to nature and breathing in the fresh, crisp air made me wanted to check out the oceans.  In fact, Chris and I were brainstorming for trip ideas for next year (during camping) and the East Coast is a real possibility as where we want to visit with Chris' parents.  And that is where we kick start this August edition of HomeSense fun.

You all know I love Kevin's P.E.I. summer getaway: the whale motif, the use of navy + white, the captivating gallery wall, and so much more.  Inspired of this ultimate sweet spot right by the ocean, here is a round of items with an Atlantic flair.  Love the super cute framed art with the tall ship + knot illustrations.  


I have also been busy shopping for #ProjectAvenueRoad, and so far I am happy to say I have found the perfect Ralph Lauren lamp, two of the four Valarie Davide doggie prints (I am still looking for the two more ... keep an eye out for me!!), and a sophisticated Paris map for the living room.  Love the X-bench with the charcoal grey + crisp white contrasting piping upholstery, and are you crazy about that mirror too? I maybe doing the powder room at #ProjectAvenueRoad, and that is the mirror I want in it.  So Jonathan Adler glam!      


From muted hues and refined elegance to bright and colorful dramatic statement, here is a settee and porcelain stool I am absolutely crazy about.  Traditional in silhouette, this settee now speaks modern thanks to its graphic patterns.  It is hard to find a piece to pair with this contemporary stool in energetic acid green, and I think this settee is it!  


Inspired by Mr. Bazaar's Raspberry & Green living room, I am taking plum and apple green for a ride.  This diamond tufted bench is definitely the most adorable bench I have ever seen at HomeSense.  I just love the slim tapered legs and that ribbon detail on the side. What a hit of pattern and texture!  

Are you also a fan of the imperial trellis by Kelly Wearstler?  Here is a lounge chaise with designer style at unbeatable price (only $699!!).     

Polka dots alway have a special place in my heart and this ikat version had me at hello.  This 8' x 10' beauty is less than $200 my friend! 


I know you all can't wait to jump into your car to hit your near by HomeSense right now.  Before you rush off, it is announcement time for the winner of the Stephanie Sterjovski + annawthlove limited edition #stopandsmellthepeonies print!   Congrats Michelle of Sweetsuite 10!  Please contact me here for your shipping information and the print will be on its way to you.  

left image via Stephanie Sterjovski
Now go shop crazy and do share with me of your latest HomeSense scores! 

8 comments:

  1. Hey Tim, which HomeSense could I find that mirror? Is it a good size? I want it for my dining room. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michelle! That one was from the Sherway location a couple of weeks ago. good size for a powder room for a dramatic statement .. not sure if it is large enough for the dining room though. depending on where you place it I think ...

      Delete
    2. Is this the same mirror (http://www.unionlightingandfurnishings.com/accessories/walldecorandmirrors/mirrors/wn0380010274.html)? I hope you grabbed it because HS definitely cost a lot less. On second thought it might be too modern for my dining room. I may look for an antique gilded number if I can find one.

      Delete
    3. Yes Michelle I think that's the same one and yes it was less than the one at union lighting. I didn't pick it up because I didn't know if the client would go for it ... wondering if the mirror is still there! It wasn't on clearance.

      Delete
    4. Hi Michelle and Tim - if it helps I saw the mirror at the Eglinton and Warden location on Friday :)

      Delete
  2. LOVING the turquoise onion lamps - what a duo they make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fun? And they are only $59 a piece!! Total steal for high style!

      Delete
  3. Squeee! I can't believe I won! Yippee!!

    I have to say Tim I both love and dread your Homesense posts - every time you do one I feel an overwhelming need to visit a store and shop!

    ReplyDelete