Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend Fun ~ 07.21.2013

Hello Monday! Saturday and Sunday were most certainly glorious, but what a spectacular storm show we had on Friday evening to kick start the weekend.  The stormy weather did quite a bit of damage to the power lines and mature trees west and north of Toronto.  I hope for those who were affected by the storm, you are now safe and sound back at your home.

My weekend was eventful, and here is a quick sum-up of the short 2.5 days:    



I started off my Saturday with a visit to my favourite shop for vintage treasure in the city: Vintage Fine Objects.  Kevin surely has an incredible taste (check out his cottage and city home) and a keen eye for furniture/accessories showstoppers!  My loves from this visit include: a set of four faux bamboo chairs with mod black & white upholstered seats, a pair of asian inspired armchairs in emerald green + shinny brass accent for maximum glam effect, and say hello to these bright vases in canary yellow.


A couple of items I spotted for Chris' new home.  Whether we buy a house or a condo, Chris (well ... maybe more so moi) will always want a desk in an open concept kitchen, and this compact vintage beauty is truly amazing in style (love the brass detail at the top) and function.  If Chris is going for a condo of 800 square feet, I want to keep the space light and airy.  What is better at achieving this goal than this lucite mid-century stunner? Intricate, exquisite, and graphic, this table lamp is definitely a winner!



I also have a top secret news for you.  Kevin is having a three day flash sales at Vintage Fine Objects from Tuesday 11 am to Thursday 5 pm to (1) say thank you for all your loves since January 2013, (2) to say sorry the store will be closed while Mr. K is off to PEI, and (3) to make rooms for more treasures for us upon Mr. K's return.  

Everything, and I do mean everything, is 40% off.  So if you are looking to add an extra special item to your home, you know where you need to go between Tuesday and Thursday!


On another note, I also managed to stop by my favourite button store on Queen West for some fun pillows I am putting together with all fabrics from Tonic Living.  Here is my game plan:

fabric images via Tonic Living 
With the palette of ocean blue and white, and to echo the polka dot piping, I have my heart set on black & white buttons.  As for the pale pink and grey serene palette, I am going for minty green.  Now check out what I have found at the store:


Speaking about minty green, my heart skipped a beat when I saw this sensational dining room in the Summer Living Special Edition of Chatelaine.  I almost fell off my lounge chaise (yes I was at the garden sunbathing at the time) when I spotted this wallpaper!  Couldn't remember where I have seen this pattern before, and I asked my instagram and twitter friends of the pattern and maker.  Thanks to you all, now I know it is Asuka by Osborne &Little, and I want it in my hallway!  

With this wallpaper, I may just finally get to peonies in my home all year round! 

images via Chatelaine / Tangletree Interiors
For immediate wallpaper satisfaction, I went to Primetime Paint & Paper for a couple of wallpaper samples and there they were, the remnant pile.  One did come home with me and can you guess which one made the cut?

Wallpaper isn't the only goodness I am hunting for at the moment.  I am now on a city-wide search for three of these puppies (except for top right ... it's already with me) by Valerie Davide.  I have seen them on Thursday night at HomeSense (I don't know what possessed me for not picking them up), and when we checked again on Sunday, they were gone!!  So please if you see them during your HomeSense trip, please put it on hold for me and I will be right there!!

image via Trowbridge Gallery 
To wrap up the evenings, Chris and I went to check out the night markets in our neighbourhood (love the string lights) and we discovered that the gardens by Harbourfront Centre is finally open!  I am so loving all the greens in my neighbourhood.  We also caught a spectacular shoot of the moon ... such a magical moment.  


How was your weekend friends? I love to hear from you.  And I will even love you more if you could help me find the puppies at HomeSense!  Fingers crossed! 

4 comments:

  1. The night markets with the string lighting look so charming!

    A great weekend here, thanks. Lots of time outside enjoying the amazing sunshine! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard!! unusually sunny in London ... days of sun shine with no rain! Lucky you MR! Enjoy it and have fun writing your book in the park! xo

      Delete
  2. Hi Tim
    Thanks for the tip on the sale at Vintage Fine Objects. Kevin has such an amazing eye and gorgeous shop!
    Alanna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! You are a big fan of Mr. K! Go check him out Alanna!

      Delete