Friday, July 5, 2013

Ultimate Party Kitchen w/ AyA Kitchens & Baths

Happy Friday! Did you enjoy the fab lifestyle store, Designer Inspired Interiors, curated by Jamie Alexander?  Love to hear what items caught your eyes for your chance to win $250 to shop at the store. 

Speaking about fantastic prizes, here is one incredible trip (most definitely an inspirational one to bloggers) you will want to win.  AyA Kitchens & Baths is once again sponsoring one lucky blogger in Canada a trip to Toronto (flight and hotel included) to attend the most celebrated event of 2013 in the lifestyle blog community: BlogPodium.  Barbara of hodge: podge and Nancy of Marcus Design were the lucky ladies who'd joined us from Vancouver last year.  This year, that lucky person could be you!

image via BlogPodium
The topic for this year's challenge is: Ultimate Party Kitchen.  What a fun topic to tackle and even though I don't need to enter the contest (being the lucky boy living in Toronto), I decided to put together my dream open concept kitchen + bar + lounge sensation.  For inspiration, I love this sleek, sophisticated, and elegant kitchen designed by the talented Kelly Deck for IDS West 2012.

image via 
The island/bar in waterfall style is just breathtaking, and so is the overall warm, inviting, nature inspired color palette: perfect for West Coast entertaining.  Here is a walk-through of this beautiful and functional kitchen with Kelly:

image via House & Home
With this mega island as my jumping off point, my dream kitchen is dressed in creamy whites, warm greys, a hint of industrial cool, and shots of luxurious brass. In keeping with the timeless, classic look in Kelly's kitchen, I selected a shaker profile for my lower cabinets but opted for an edgy metal frame + semi-translucent glass for the uppers. Just to add a little extra special to the space.   To make the kitchen super practical (and cleaning like a breeze), I am installing Blizzard from Caesarstone as counter and backsplash.   

You all know I love Collection 14 from Bocci, and would love to have a series of them in my dream kitchen. Don't you just feel like you are entertaining under the stars? Starry Night party my friends!  A sexy kitchen for entertaining meanings showstopper applicances in my book.  For that I have chosen the chef-worthy gas stove from La Cornue, a two-tone range hood for a healthy dose of modern interpretation of a traditional silhouette, and this contemporary glass door fridge so the guests get to pick out their beverages without opening the doors.

To take this sexy metalic classic beauty up a notch, I am pairing it with the Solna kitchen faucet and Potfillers from Brizo in brushed bronze, and the sculptural Quatrafoil knobs from Rocky Mountain Hardware.  For a touch of whimsy, I am also adding this "Daydream" wallpaper by Julia Rothman as accent (either on an accent wall or as artwork).    


The contest also requires an entry for a signature cocktail or dish.  Here are two of my favourites: Lemon Verbena Lemonade and Crab and Corn Cakes with sweet & spicy dip sauce from Williams Sonoma.

image via Williams Sonoma
Isn't this fun? If you are from out of town (or province), and would love to join us in Toronto for BlogPodium, be sure to put together a fantastic idea board for your ultimate party kitchen + a signature cocktail or dish by July 28th!  For further detail, check this out: 

image via BlogPodium

Happy weekend and get busy designing your dream party kitchen!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, love your mood board Tim! I could totally see us partying in there :) And crab cakes are my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart skipped a beat when I saw that two-tone range hood from your design board. Love the way you mix the modern (shaker cabinets, Brizo faucet) with the vintage as always. Have a great weekend Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! I so wish to have a bigger kitchen for me to do just that! fab isn't it? well ... and I also need to win a lottery as well to afford the stove and the other goodies :)

    Hope you both had a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete