Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Jamie Alexander ~ Designer Inspired Interiors

Hello Wednesday! Pride and Canada Day have just passed and our friends south of the border are gearing up to celebrate the fourth of July!  Many of us may cross the border or shop online to take advantage of the fantastic saving (not me since I am on a strict "no more shopping" restraining order imposed by Chris), I am also celebrating the 3rd birthday of DesignMaze for the month of July, and boy don't I have something super exciting for you.  I have talked to my favourite furniture, fabric, lighting/bath, and handcrafted speciality stores and for each week in July, we will be hosting a giveaway!  That's right … there are four chances for you to take home a special gift thanks to my dear friends for their love and generosity.

To kick start the celebration, I am taking you to Jamie Alexander's new store, Designer Inspired Interiors, right in the heart of the King East Design District.  I loved Jamie's store up at Summerhill and was delighted to see the new store being opened right next his design consultation/ contemporary condo lifestyle concept store.   The store is filled with all things loved by Jamie and treasures he found from around the globe.  Check out this ultra stylish and eclectic vignette with gas fireplace, sleek/sexy sofa + armchairs, and the overscaled showstopper sculptural pendant fixture.  I am loving all the industrial elements and I am sure all the sophisticated urban men out there are with me on this.

image via Jamie Alexander courtesy of Arnal Photography
The visual team has done an amazing job in creating a lived-in, layered look to the store.  I felt like I'd stepped into a well-traveled gentleman's private retreat the moment I walked into the store.  The soft, luxurious upholstery on the sofa + chairs, the epony wood and cast iron details, and the collection of textured vases in ivory to contrast the many shades of grey, honey I live here!  Whisky on the rocks please.

image via Jamie Alexander courtesy of Arnal Photography
Speaking about a luxurious gentleman's getaway, don't you just love the chic Hollywood vibe via the beautiful tufted chesterfield sofa + silvery accessories, industrial sensibility via the striking pendant fixture, the romantic eiffel tower, and more importantly, the delicious tomato red accents to enliven this charcoal grey and cream monochromatic palette.   

lower two images via Jamie Alexander courtesy of Arnal Photography
For those who dream to create an intimate living room right at home, may I say please wrap up this entire vignette? Love the combination of a spacious sectional + a pair of comfortable armchairs with a large but visually light coffee table to anchor the space.  Add a built-in bookcase and a graphic black & white photograph, this living room is ready to greet your friends.

image via Jamie Alexander courtesy of Arnal Photography
Here is fine dining at its best.  I love the juxtaposition between the rustic reclaimed wood tabletop and the shinny polished chrome base.  The mini wingback and nailhead details on the dining chairs tie in perfectly with the tailored, sophisticated living room we just visited.

image via Jamie Alexander courtesy of Arnal Photography
Behind the gourmet dining area is yet another cozy living space, and this time with identical loveseat sofas facing each other + a sensational built-in wall.  Love the use of sconces and the trim detail!  Thanks for the tips Jamie and I will for sure attempt a similar feature wall in my next home.


I am always interested to see how designers live in their own homes and Jamie's bold, eclectic space is packed with eye candies, dramatic vignette, and smart space saving solutions.  Thanks Style at Home for the inspiring feature!  For more tips on this fabulous loft, check this out. 

image via Style at Home
So what do you think? Loving Designer Inspired Interiors? I certainly do, and this is the moment you have all been waiting for: a gift certificate of $250 for one lucky DesignMaze's reader to shop at Jamie's stylish lifestyle store!


All you need to do is to drop me a note on which item caught your eyes in Jamie's store today.  For extra entries, follow Jamie on Facebook and Twitter, and come back to let me know you of done so.  It is that easy!

Happy shopping!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Tim,
    WOW!!! So many items caught my eye but I would have to say that the silver/grey chairs with gingham pillows in the first photo are truly stunning.
    Pat (Matrix)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following you and Jamie on Twitter and also Jamie on facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sofia.tanya@live.caJuly 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM

    Hi,
    The pretty lit up effiel tower caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are many great items I could collect, but my eyes caught the cast iron book shelf, and the living room table lamp! Love your site Tim :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I walk by both beautiful stores on my way to and from work everyday, I love all the upholstery, especially the sectional. Happy blog birthday! And thanks for the month of giveaways...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those first few store shots are fantastic I love the dark and moody tones of the furnishings. Lots of great stuff for my partners man cave in there! If only I wasnt over the other side of the globe :( Oh well I guess thats what online shopping is for :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this new shop Tim! I really like those houndstooth/checked club chairs in the first pic...I can't wait to check out Jamie's shop in person on my next trip to T.O.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of amazing stuff in the pic's and Jamie's on line store. The coffee tables ( especially Brielle on the website) and the interesting shaped oval clock and the red arrows are really neat and would definitely add personality to my space........
    Happy Anniversary Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary Tim. I love the white lamp and the metallic dogs. I don't have a twitter account but I liked Jamie on my Facebook account. Thanks for the opportunity to win a fantastic prize.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the great feature Tim
    I love the red arrow sign and the desk lamps on the dining table!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 3rd blogiversary Tim! Thanks for hosting such a fab giveaway. I'm attracted to a lot of the lamps - I can see them in a few different spaces - office, bedroom, living room. That said - I'm totally in the market for a new couch so I'd really love to have a look at these in person.
    Jordana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Tim!
    Great store find I now like Jamie on FB and follow on Twitter and need to go and check his store out in person!! So much to like but what caught my eye was the clock and mercury glass on the coffee table. Love that it is oversized on the table! Love that living room set-up ... masculine/feminine mix! Would love to have a $250 to go and check out the store with!! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a tie between the headboard and the black chandelier in the same photograph. I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm following on Twitter, too!!

    ReplyDelete