Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Canada Day ~ 2013

Happy Canada Day!  It is hard to believe it is July already and our summer is officially here.  I am loving the warm, sunny weather, and I just hope that a late start into the season will also mean that our summer will stay well into September.  Fingers crossed!

To celebrate this special day, I have put together a few of my favourite items all in red & white + a hint of rose gold ... just to take it up a notch.  My Womb Chair by Eero Saarinen is the jumping off point for the palette and set the tone for a sleek, eclectic space.  I love the stripe rug by Dwell Studio, and I think this particular shade of coral red complement the tomato red on the Womb Chair perfectly.  To add a touch of whimsy in the mix, I simply couldn't resist this Oly Ari side table (available at 219).  For a touch of sophisticated elegance, I opted for a pair of these black and brass rider benches by Jonathan Adler.  No room is completed without a shot of gold and in this case, a gilded geometric screen and a jewel-like rose gold floor lamp for Black Rooster Decor are exactly what I am after.  Need I say more? This room is DELICIOUS!!

Off to a few other accent pieces:

* vibrantly red feather headdress from Snob is definitely a conversation piece  

* fantastic artwork for those who love water color

* sensational fabrics from Tonic Living ... the flamingo print just puts a big smile on my face

images via 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7/ 8/ 9/ 10

To celebrate Canada Day and show our national pride, Style at Home has asked 11 Canadian designers to share their favourite spaces.  I particularly love the dining room designed by Carol Reed where she transformed an awkward 80s additional in a charming country home into an elegant, timeless beauty and truly, the heart of the home.  While the creamy white kitchen was picked up new from big box store, the oil rubbed bronze hardware, the vintage dining chairs, and the custom dining table made with reclaimed wood infused character to this kitchen.   

Michael Penney's style is all about coziness and heritage charm + a hint of Martha Stewart.  You all know I love shopping vintage and transform the ugly duckling into one of a kind treasure.  Well ... so is Michael. I love the casualness of the slipcovered armchairs, the cobalt blue velvet he selected to upholster a pre-loved sofa, and of course the vintage accessories on the bookcases and coffee table.  Check out Michael's shop in Whitby for his hand-selected unique pieces perfect for your home.    

images via Carol Reed DesignMichael Penney StyleStyle at Home
Decor talk aside, what is your favourite activity on Canada Day? Chris and I will (1) head over to High Park for a walk + picnic, (2) enjoy a delicious BBQ dinner at my condo's garden, and (3) playful fun with sparkles!  Fun day ahead!

images via 1/ 2/ 3/ 4
Speaking about fun, I came home to an unexpected firework show last night, and here is an highlight I captured via the new video function at Instagram.  

 

Happy Canada Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment