Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Inspirations w/ House & Home July 2013

Happy Tuesday! I am a little behind schedule this week after being away for a few relaxing days up at cottage country, and it surely is challenging to get back into my hectic city life.  We had such a fantastic time and I simply can't get the cool, refreshing lake water and the beautiful sunny weather out of my head.  Forget about the smog and heat alert in the city!!

To cheer myself up and to kick start a busy week, I am indulging myself with all these summer inspired ideas from the July Issue of House & Home.  Joel is truly an incredible designer and stylist.  I love his home and his DIY ideas, and he has created a cozy summer home with 20 simple tricks that we can easily "borrow" for our own home.

I particularly love how Joel layered a patterned fabric at the back of the sofa for a subtle hit of ocean blue, an instant update of a vintage hutch with nautical ticking stripe, the colored mason jars for fresh blooms, and the creative use of  sea shell for salts at Sunday brunch with an organic touch.  Who doesn't like to bring a little seaside fun right in our summer homes.

image via House & Home
This cottage at Muskoka is absolutely breathtaking.  Its relaxed, casual elegance style hits the right note in this private country retreat.  It is Lauren Home meets The Hamptons, with a sharp charcoal grey & creamy white palette, and the soothing soft grey with natural wood tune add warmth to the space.  What a spectacular view from this sun room and say hello to all the stunning millwork at the ceilings!  The window bench, the kitchen, and that bathroom ... I WANT them all!   

image via House & Home
Margot also shared her floral styling tips and I am loving the simple, classy approach.  Just a couple of blooms in a vintage clear glass vase and they are ready to greet our guests at this fabulous beachside dinner party.

image via House & Home
Are you obsessed with a chic, glamorous chandelier like this one in Jen's dining room?  I have been crazy about this modern take of a traditional chandelier for the longest time, only that these chandeliers often come with a pretty damaging price tag.  Well not anymore ... at least if you are crafty.  Here is a DIY version from the July Issue of House & Home you won't want to miss.  I am so making one in my next transformation project.    

image via House & Home/ Made by Girl
At last, Summer Living is all about lounging and easy entertaining.  Here are a few easy, breezy ideas to guarantee success at your next backyard party with a little help from fabrics.  I am hunting for a pair of sling chairs and I would love to have them dressed in one of these new outdoor/upholstery fabrics from Tonic Living.  

image via House & Home/ Tonic Living

Happy steamy Tuesday friends! Stay hydrated and be sure to follow me via Bloglovin.  Google Reader is retiring for good by July 1st.  I would love to join your new blog list.  


2 comments:

  1. I am going to tackle the beaded chandelier for B's bedroom redo- I'll be sure to send you a pic when it's completed! {www.thepinkzipper.blogsopt.ca}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do!! I am helping my friend to decorate his newly purchased farm house, I may just have to convince him to do this DIY chandelier with me! LOVE it!

      Delete